2018 Leinster SFC Final , Dublin v Laois - Croke Park , Sun June 24th 4pm

Much improved second half but we olay 35 mins like we did the first half again and we’re out. Thst was garbage. Evan was excellent

Very harsh Eric being subbed. Fitzy was poor.

Doooooooommmmmmmeeeeeddddd :grin:

i just hope we bring a bit more intensity to our play from the off against Donegal .

Rock should have taken it

We scored 25 points in each of our Leinster games

So doomed. The rise of the kerrymen again will see to that.

Said as much myself at the time , could have pointed it.
Maybe mannion fancied himself to take it .
You would hope they are practicing alot with DC gone .

Certainly should have been Rock to kick it.
Most likely option who’ll see any game out and excellent on the frees again.

We didn’t panic after a poor start which is always nice to see. I thought we were a bit lazy in the first half, evidenced by our lads failing to track that Laois runner for their goal chance (which was put over the bar). Some good performances from Kilkenny, Rock and Costello.

I thought Philly and Fitzy missed COS badly. They were exposed at times in the first half and a superior forward line would have really punished us.

Mannion is the epitome of a confidence player. Things weren’t going his way long before the penalty and he started to try too hard. I’d prefer to see him play closer to goal where he did all the damage against Mayo last year.

Initial reactions. First half was very poor, we had plenty of possession but our shot selection and shot quality were god awful. If the entire full forward line were subbed at half time they couldn’t of complained. Big improvement in the second half 17 points in a half of football is good going. Still a bit concerned about our goal conversion rate.

With 3 group games now Costello should definitely get a start in one of them. Arguably motm today.

The jury is still out on Scully. Howard too. All Ireland winners. Kerry hammer two absolutely crap teams in Clare & Cork and have found a raft of superstars. Overnight. Why can’t we do that?

Kerry beat Cork by 17
Dublin beat Laois by 18

At least we know he’s still alive !

More than that. He was really impressive

Just rewatching it back , Kilkenny must be behind Rock as top scorer ? Pat said he had 1.11 coming into the game .

So?

The last penalty Rock took, he put over for a point. I think he missed the one before that. His shot isn’t hard enough to beat keepers I think. I remember Andrews trying one in the past and missing it too.

Mannion should have been the choice, but it didn’t work out for him. I am not sure who else we have that would be good, Costello maybe if he is on the field. Bring back Diarmo!

Cooper will be a great captain once Stephen hits the road .