2018 Super 8's Dublin v Donegal 14th July, Croke Park, Live on RTE 2, Throw In 7pm

he had no need or right going in to hit when the whistle had clearly gone. regardless of intent to hit into the face we need to stop the silly afters and focus on football. With medals to show we don’t need to prove we are hard men also

If it’s just a one match ban, he can be ready for the Tyrone game. We’ll need a big panel of players for the next few games and will need a bit of rotation. Even though Small was unlucky to see red the last day, he is crossing the line a bit and probably needs to learn Getting sent off in a All ireland final could have been disastrous last year

I’d start either or both of Jack and Cian for this game and push Howard up to the forwards

Yeah, would prefer to see Howard selected at 10/12 and told to go where he wants. He is great at reading a game.

Can’t see much grounds for an appeal by Small. He did make contact with ball first but also hit your man in the gub! Fair dinkum as the Aussies say.

He’ll be raring to go for the next match !

I can’t see Howard unseating one of the half forwards at this time. Jack could replace him in fact and if Cian returns then Johnny will revert to full back with Fitz or Lowndes losing out. Only other change is possibly Cluxton for Comerford.

Would have Howard at half forward tracking Ryan McHugh.

Wonder will we have another bolter this year?

Fenton in 2015, Con last year. Howard this year?

money is on howard

I would like to see Murchan selected to mark Ryan McHugh. Now that would be a bolter

Costello must have put his name in the hat the last day, during the time he was on it was a MOM performance

100% agree. Murchan roasted Niall Kelly in a Leinster u21 final a few months after the 2014 defeat to Donegal and from then on I have felt we have no better player suited to marking Ryan McHugh. He’s the ideal candidate but given we’ve seen none of him the last 2 games it’s highly unlikely. He’d also be my choice to pick up Mark Bradley against Tyrone.

On what the actual team will be for Saturday, surely Jack Mc returning and Howard up to the half forward line is the obvious change. I’d imagine Costello might be kept in reserve once more

Howard replacing Scully?:thinking:

I don’t have the stats but i don’t think Scully has been taken off in any game so far. Certainly he played full games against Longford and Laois.

It would be very interesting if Jack was started as a half forward.

A possibility! Really feel his runs from deep do more damage mind you, even though the traditional half forwards and half back positions don’t really stand in modern Dublin football.

It’s what I’d do but Gavin a big fan of scully so remains to be seen

Not going to happen. He’ll be played in the position where he’s proven to be one of, if not the best in the country over the last 5 years

I have no interest in seeing Jack at HF nor do I think it would suit him all. His searing pace means the deeper he comes from and the further he has to run is what opens up the possibilities.

McCaffrey’s great strength is the attacking option he gives from defence while Scully offers great protection and workrate from attack, he mused to nobody in particular.