2019 Leinster SHC, Kilkenny V Dublin, Nowlan Park 11.5.2019 @ 7:00pm

May as well get this one started, Kilkenny away is probably a bridge too far but hoping we get a performance to carry some form into the next game (home v Wexford).

Hopefully, O’rorke will be fit, think his loss v limerick is underestimated he was our top scorer and in really good form (looks to have filled out more than before which is important with a small frame). and the harder sod will suit him.

As others have said getting Schutte and O’Callighan fit would add serious options, not to mention Keaney.

2 Likes

Were a good side. They are a good side, with tge Ballyhale lads back even better.

If we can get half a grip on TJ and get in the mix at midfield we can beat thsm

Physically we wont have any issues this year

1 Like

Great to get a run out against limerick in Nowlan park already

This will be a difficult game,Ballyhale lads back,Delaney is suspended for them I think so maybe similar tactics to last year may work

A very different league to last year,this will be tough and we’ll give it a good go,looking forward to this

0 Likes

A lot will depend on who is reffing and our backs discipline. Needless free and TJ Reid on form makes it hard to get near kilkenny. That said it if we can keep it tight we are in with a shout.

2 Likes

Yes giving away soft frees normally comes back to haunt you in tight games! By soft frees I’m not talking about poor refereeing calls. Although that doesn’t help either. I’m talking about lazy tackling and the like! Sometimes a foul is necessary! Against Tipp a few weeks ago Tipp ere bearing down on goal when we were 2 points up. O Donnell dragged the guy down and rightly picked up a yellow card. But that was a calculated gamble! Had he not done this there was a real chance of Tipp stealing the game! However we do concede some silly frees and that needs to be cut out!

2 Likes

I thought there were no cynical fouls in hurling

1 Like

That foul by O Donnell was NECESSARY! Only Tipp and Galway commit cynical fouls! They are are a black mark on the sacred game of hurling! Much like Mayo and Donegal in football! :grinning:

1 Like

Is it possible to buy tickets for this game? Haven’t been to a championship game in a while (due to kids) so am not sure of when tickets go on sale etc.

0 Likes

Available online and in super valu

2 Likes

Was talking to a neighbour of mine who is Dicksboro man and has been down to see some of the club games there over the past few weeks. Doesn’t seem optimistic about their chances nor of Hogan being fully fit to start.

If you step back from it, you would have to think that, on paper and league form, Dublin have improved where they don’t seem to be finding much and still not filled some of the key positions.

Of course your man will have them right for the game, and they love a contest in their own field, so not taking anything for granted. But I expect Dublin to win this one. Last three league games will have told themselves a lot, and hopefully the injuries which were a curse under Daly will have been mostly resolved in the next three weeks.

1 Like

Loving the optimism but i can’t help but worry about getting enough scores to beat kilkenny at home. On the plus side it looks like Keaney is fit and will be able to contribute and O’rorke paying for Crokes is a bonus as well, our top scorer in the league (albeit on the frees), also Paul Ryan looked in good form for Boden the other day and by all accounts David Tracy is playing well for Cuala.

1 Like

Think there is plenty of reasons to be optimistic after the league and our performance against them last year,doesn’t obviously mean we’ll win it will be tough but as mentioned keaney back and don’t Kilkenny have suspension or injury problems I think so if that’s the case there may be a similar approach to the game last year

1 Like

Now with the two club championship games finished with some impressive results and performances I wonder if any players caught mattys eye and will be added to the squad. Looking forward to this game against Kilkenny should be a cracker.

0 Likes

Nolan
Smyth
ODonnell
OCallaghan
Crummey
Moran
Barrett
OConnell
Malone
Hedgo
Whitely
Sutcliffe
Dillon
ORourke
Ryan

2 Likes

In fairness nearly a fully fit squad to pick from and a bit of impact from the bench, in fairness to coady we know he doesn’t overly worry about the opposition and will play them same no matter what, does Mattie have any tricks to pull out of the bag or will we go with the xv above ?

0 Likes

Seen Rushe earlier, pretty sure his hand is still strapped up

0 Likes