2019 NFL Round 1: Monaghan v Dublin - Sunday Jan 27 @ 2pm, Clones

Tree down & all those pesky corners hoovered?

Last of the trifle scarfed?

New telly bought in the Power City January sale?

Ok…have at it ladies.

Monaghan are my bet to stop the 5 in a row, if any one does.

You heard it here first.

split this topic #2

80 posts were merged into an existing topic: Dublin Senior Footballers 2019

Cudda sworn I got roundly abused here for going against the infinite wisdom of the Mayo/Kerry Cabal & picking Monaghan as the most likely team to stop the 5 in a row.

Or has someone been at the Sherry trifle again…hic…

They would need to be able to beat Tyrone in the All-Ire Championship series to say that I would feel. Of course they may not get to play Tyrone outside Ulster again, and could improve this year. However they have not come close at all to beating Dublin championship in the last few years, less close than Tyrone in last year’s final, and certainly alot less close than Mayo (who admittedly we don’t know can they get back to that level but we do know what they are capable of, same as we do know Monaghan really, a fairly settled side for years now

Going to try the impossible and guess a team. If I get 8 of 15 right I’d be pleased

1. Cluxton
  2. D. Byrne
  3. Cooper
  4. Lowndes
  5. Murchan
  6. Small
  7. Jack Mc
  8. Fenton
  9. MDMA
  10. Howard
  11. Kilkenny
  12. Flynn
  13. C Basquel
  14. D Rock
  15. Kev Mc

Think you will be doing well😂

I hope to see Cormac C.

Incidentally. Price increases. Cork wasting millions. Coincidence. I think not. Once again we get to pay for the sins of others. Oh and we still get far too much money …

#onlyinIreland

Good call on Costello, probably in ahead of Basquel who got some time last week.

Kilkenny not available just yet afaik so won’t be playing . Not sure on others .

Fenton & Kilkenny are both still away off on their holibobs.

Those two ran the show all through the league last year . Will be much harder without them that’s for sure but it leaves chances for others to step up and for them to come back fresh in a while

Ah, didn’t realise that. The more I think of it the more the league will be used as a mix of the relatively new +players pressing for a place (Costello, Lowndes, Scully, Howard, Murchan, Basquel etc) and then the older lads that haven’t been able to break in the past few years (Flynn, Brogan, MDMA, Kev Mc). May not see much of the likes of Fenton, KK, Cooper, Jack Mc, Rock etc for a while

Any word on him, back to full fitness?

I think he should be now. Played league games for Plunketts near end of season, and was togged for AIF which was 5 months ago.

Roll on the weekend, train ticket booked to Clones

Me too! I’m in carriage C, seat 25. Which one are you on

I think I’m in carriage c as well, it’s leaving from Bray towards Howth and apparently instead of stopping altoghether in Howth it goes onwards towards Clones which apparently has been re-zoned within the commuter belt

Really looking for a performance I think a win is probably beyond us as we are a fair bit behind the other counties.

Don’t think the league is required this year. Kerry are back training quite a while and I’d fancy them to win it. Their manger needs a good start as they feed managers to the crocodiles down there after a few bad results.

Dublin only need to concentrate on 5 games. 3 super 8 games and the semi and final .

A Daniel Flynn less Kildare should mean Leinster will be the usual cakewalk. So they can tailor the training accordingly.

We are still the clear favourites this year for the championship. But the gap will narrow as we lose more of the older players as the replacements aren’t as good in my view.

Not having Diarmuid Connolly is a disappointment as he’s a different level to the current forwards. You never know when you need someone who can do things the others can’t.

Can’t see Bernard unfortunately playing much even in the league. Pity - he’s been such a brilliant player for us.

You’re up front (again) with all the players, management & VIP’s aren’t you, you little minx?

I’ll be watching from the new home of Sydney, to any other exiled dubs, best bet for watching games? VPN and stream off rte/tg4, illegally of eir? Or GaaGo?