2019 NFL Round 4 Dublin v Mayo - Saturday Feb 23 @ 7pm, Croke Park

Only six more sleeps until the Mighty Dubs face this years powerhouse that is Mayo. With Dublin having mixed fortunes in their first three outings and Mayo with three successive victories under their belt it is sure to be an interesting evening at Headquarters.

Will Jim ring the changes? Is the league relegated to the back-burner for Dublin this year, and exactly how much could either team take from a victory or loss?

Referee: Barry Cassidy

TV: Eir Sports

Feels like this is the game where Lee “Skywalker” Keegan drives a stake through the heart of the Evil Empire.

b8e5e751ace398935386088e4515d4622c69ad98_hq

Look at the handsome divil, he’s as handy with a lightsaber as he is with a GPS.

Markers will be laid down. Elbows will fly. Two Stormtroopers will be sent off. Mayo by two. We are doomed.

Will Cluxton be back? Philly still injured?

Anyone agree with me that Kevin Mac and MDM should get more game time?

How hard they go for this game will be an indication of how they view the year. Think this year is about getting game time into the next generation personally. Pity Lowdnes is injured, likewise Paddy Small.

Or “I’ve a really bad feeling about this”

…as an erstwhile former Captain (RIP :sob:) of the Millennium Falcon was wont to say.

That being said, whatever the result, I am 100% certain I will care much more about the fate of young Kylo Ren this year, than I will some meaningless game against Mayo in February. With all due respect to Obi Young Wan Kenobi in NZ.

This was the Mayo team for the Tyrone game…

1. Robert Hennelly - Breaffy
  2. Eoin O’Donoghue - Belmullet
  3. Brendan Harrison - Aghamore
  4. Keith Higgins - Ballyhaunis
  5. James McCormack - Claremorris
  6. Lee Keegan - Westport
  7. Paddy Durcan - Castlebar Mitchels
  8. Diarmuid O’Connor - Ballintubber©
  9. Donal Vaughan - Castlebar Mitchels
  10. Fionn McDonagh - Westport
  11. Aidan O’Shea - Breaffy
  12. Ciaran Treacy - Ballina Stephenites
  13. Conor Diskin - Claremorris
  14. Brian Reape - Bohola Moy Davitts
  15. Jason Doherty - Burrishoole

We’ve never lost to Mayo under JG. I think the empire will strike back.

Passion…

Like a fine wine…it just gets better with age. :rofl:

It’s a long time since I looked forward to a round of the League from a week out! I expect a bit of a performance for a variety of reasons and I’d say it could get spicey. But you never know with Mayo in the League. In the early part of the decade they used to more than put it up to us but not so much recently. They do seem focused on the League this year though so let’s see. I intend to travel to Roscommon and Cavan so I hope we can win and that those games will mean something.

Looking forward to Aido’s take on things …

Me too, maybe it is because we are clearly going to be the underdogs and will be trying to avoid a hammering.

Altogether now…

Ah lads - no real need for all this Mayo bashing. Jaysus anyone would be the same with so much heartache. At least they rarely moan about resources or money or having to travel to training etc - or about us playing in Croker. Most of them have taken some amount of disappointment but they just dust themselves down and start again. Give me Mayo before Donegal, Galway or Kerry any day.

Hi Willie Joe.

tenor

We’ve short memories.

You’re gas when you’re pretending to be serious.

giphy

Mayo fans are great… Discuss!

Nonsense.

If we lose we’re in a relegation battle and Mayo are probably going to be in the league final.