Adult Football League 4 (AFL4) 2019

Month or so till this kicks off again.

Who will be strong in this league for the coming season?

0 Likes

Castleknock
Clann Mhuire
Clanna Gael
Clontarf
Cuala
Garda
Lucan Sarsfield
Na Fianna
Raheny
Skerries Harps
St Finians (N)
St Finians (S)
St Judes
St Marks
St Monicas
St Sylvesters

0 Likes

Any predictions for the top spots this year? Any stand out teams? Any of the relegated teams to go straight back up?

0 Likes

Garda, CNaG Fontenoy, Syls, Finians N will be the top 4. Order TBC.

0 Likes

Can’t see sylvesters competing rock bottom div 3 last year also 1st team were relegated all effort be put into them getting back to div 1. Garda be hit and miss. Clann mhuire be up der tho id say

0 Likes

Finians swords and Judes are in with a decent shout too

0 Likes

Fixtures https://www.dublingaa.ie/competitions/fixtures/136282

0 Likes

Judes will win this league seen in a challenge last week very strong 1st team full of country lads

0 Likes

I think watching a successful preseason challenge match is a bit much to be going off of to determine out right winners :joy: I reckon Jude’s will do well all the same, but found they can be hit and miss, finishing mid table last season, was it similar enough the year before as well? Unless they’ve a lot of new personnel wouldn’t be getting on them to win though

0 Likes

Out of the teams that were in the division last year I’d fancy Finians S, maybe Clann Mhuire either, couldn’t say I know much about the 6 new teams though, would have to presume some that have come down will be close to the top though

0 Likes

They were beaten in play off final year before also reached inter champ final same year.
Won inter a/c champ last year, they will be there or thereabouts. Much depends on availabilty of hurlers though.

0 Likes

My bad, hadn’t realised they’d won a/c last year, they must have quite a few hurlers or missed a lot of lads over summer to have finished where they did but have done so well in championship? Probably how I got the impression of them being hit and miss, I recall seeing them play at times and thinking they were great but other games where they looked kind of average, or at least not a title contender

0 Likes

They’ll win most of their home games playing on that hill they call a pitch

0 Likes

when is the leveling of that happening?

0 Likes

I’d bring a shovel up myself if I knew I had to play on it again

3 Likes

Na Fianna 2-11 Clann Mhuire 3-7,great win for our lads in the Naul

1 Like

Clontarf beat Finians Swords by 3pts, 1-10 to 1-7

0 Likes

St.Monica’s were beaten by Sylvesters by 4 points.

0 Likes

Did Jack play

0 Likes

Not for this team

0 Likes