Adult Football League 9 (AFL9) 2018

I suggest goals don’t get tagged as “dodgy” decision by ref until throwing ball is allowed.

Wouldn’t dispute the 2 “wide” points…as for square ball…they’re always hit or miss and without umpires , ref makes the call as he sees it.

I’ve agreed with you that if thats the rule it should have been a peno, so suggest away, I wont call it dodgy again as it seems to have hit a nerve

Look he was wrong for the square ball, 100%. They should never be hit and miss, it should only be called if it is a dead cert square ball, so how he called it is unbelievable

Decent game all the same, on a shite pitch. Why didn’t you play on the main pitch which was sitting empty?

I doubt you would have the legs to run to get that goal. I’d say you were sitting in the square all night !

Shush, don’t be making sense

I think the main pitch closed for maintenance works for month.
I believe 2nd pitch is due to be dug up sometime this year for all weather so I’d guess its been run aground.
3rd pitch out back is in very good condition but I’d guess smaller size of 2nd pitch was preferred as vincents AFL9 team seems to be very much social older team

Pats 3.9 Judes 2.6

Any result from Raheny and Beann Eadair?

We got a w/o from TSS. How do I submit that result through the text. I tried one thing, but it came back as match not played

Raheny v Beanns wasn’t played due to a death in our club.

Pats 1.14 Skerries 2.6

Good game, thats some team Pats have. If they have those players all season can’t see them being bet by anyone. Few of them wouldn’t be out of place in their AFL3 team, but sure if your happy playing AFL9 in your mid twenties when your club has a higher team then fair enough :rofl:

Same team we’ve had all season. Spine of about 4 or 5 lads who used to play with the firsts until a couple of years ago, but now cant commit to that level for one reason or another. Rest is mostly young lads only out of minor. So a decent balance

I’m not saying there were any bangers, I’m sure they were all fine. I’m just saying if your happy to be playing AFL9 in your twenties then good luck to you!

Between work commitments, return from bad injuries and family commitments a few of the lads cant commit to Div 3 for good reason. I suppose they should just give it up altogether so, sure why would you play at all if you cant commit to your clubs first team :roll_eyes:

The lads must have played well, I heard a few of them were asked for autographs and everything after the final whistle

Listen, as I said, if you can’t commit in your twenties, to a team that are mid table in Div3 I might add, well then yea, you may as well give it up altogether

Only one lad was asked for his autograph which was fair enough since yiz are well known for playing bangers over the last few years

Wasn’t it not this Skerries team that lost a win against Plunketts last year for playing ineligible players. Bit rich slagging pats when you lads were done for it last year.

God forbid they play a sport for the enjoyment.

Also, regarding the mid table remark, true as it may be, that doesn’t really hold water in arguing what levels of commitment are required. Huge commitment being given by the Div 3 squad this year, as much as there has been in previous yrs in Div1 and Div2.

Ah yea, our keeper was only 17, he made all the difference in that match we bet you lads well, but sure rules are rules

eligibility, commitment and enjoyment are all three very valid points, the GAA was built on enjoyment but today the level of commitment required at most levels has surpassed anything that has gone before. If a club only has enough members for 2 adult teams then there will always be players unable or not willing to commit , playing at levels below their capability/fitness and skills.
the enjoyment factor should also apply to more senior players who into their late 30’s and early 40’s. Where is their enjoyment when they end up chasing shadows for an hour by marking some fella half their age and twice their speed and quote possibly a greater skill level
An over 30’s or over 35’s league would be ideal, there may not be many teams but it would certainly lend to more enjoyment for the players who love the game and wish to continue playing but not having to be wired up to a defribilator after an hour of chasing some road runner

:joy:if you haven’t got the time to make a serious commitment to playing football, you should retire altogether. What a ridiculous statement. The lads obviously still enjoy playing the game and care about the club enough, want to be involved and want to try close the gap between our 1sts and 2nds