St Oliver Plunketts ER
St Vincents

1 Like

Only one winner here - Good Counsel
Sorry to break the bad news so early to the rest of the pack :persevere:

0 Likes

Craobh have a serious team as well.

0 Likes

Agreed but Counsel with the two Quinns back will be at a different level altogether.

1 Like

with the 4 lads moving back (3 x former Dublin Seniors) and another starter for Crumlin Seniors, they are now a good AHL3 team (if not AHL2) playing in AHL5/JHCB … it’ll be a walk in the park for them this year.

0 Likes

Who was the other starter to transfer from crumlin, Will crumlin struggle this year in division 1 with these players gone now ?

0 Likes

I think Luke Blood is the other starter although I’m pretty sure it’s only him and the two Quinn’s who have gone back . The other 3-4 lads are minors returning .

0 Likes

Without a doubt

0 Likes

Good Counsel have been shocking the last few years, need more than 2/3 decent players joining to say they are going walk it. My money is on Ciarans or Vincents.

0 Likes

Sure they played that Ciarans team in the Champo this year and it was 3-11 to 2-10 to Ciarans. I think 3 former inter-county players returning will be more than enough to make up the 1-1 difference.

0 Likes

You would have to fancy Counsel to walk this competition. They should be at intermediate grade in 2 years which would boost their confidence to no end. Only question is which clubhouse will they celebrate in? Maybe an open top bus from Drimnagh to Ballyer? :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Pub crawl from Drimnagh to Lower Ballyfermot via inchicore.

In all seriousness, best of luck to the lads. It’s been a lean few years for the hurlers and fair fux to the management for keeping hurling alive.

1 Like

Yeah counsel for me to

1 Like

How come Whitehall remain in Division 5 even though they lost the relegation game to crumlin last year. Does anyone know ?

0 Likes

Maybe Crumlin requested to go down? Their first team seems to have lost players so this would have a knock on effect for their second team

0 Likes

Ye true probably the case :+1:

0 Likes

From what I hear this is true. some lads going travelling as well, apparently. So they will be down a good few numbers wise

0 Likes

Counsel Gaels a big improvement on last season - Will be hard stopped with the additions. They are moving well for early Feb!

0 Likes

Skerries might be in with a good chance here. Promotion play-off last year and they have a proper underage system in place so should have a few more this year. Still sticking with one team only despite a lot of players - obviously to keep everything as competitive as possible.

0 Likes

Interesting take on things!!

Now we can’t be forgetting about the Dearg boys and their Intercounty transfer market. They will be disappointed without a mention considering they have been up near playoffs last couple of years.

1 Like