All Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 2019

Might as well start a thread since the championship is not too far away.

Can it match last years championship in terms of competitiveness and excitement? Limerick to win it again or were some teams not too bothered with the league and not showing their hand.

Dublin 33/1 to win it outright. How far can we realistically go?

1 Like

Win Leinster I think

All Ireland cant see past Limerick…If Clare come good they might be the only side with the game to stop them…Galway without Joe wont be the same. Kilkenny cant be ignored but just dont see them coping with Limerick if they meet

No idea what to make of Cork or Tipp

Progression would be qualifying from the Round robin - Galway with Joe Canning missing wont be the same , so good chance of a Leinster Final.

Cannings loss opens up Leinster a good bit. If we build on last year it will show signs we are going there right way.

I terms of all ireland it’s hard to look past Limerick only slight concern is are they peaking a bit too soon. Back to back is going to be a serious ask getting through Munster where you’ll see improvements from Tipp and Waterford and Clare and cork should be flying aswell.

Big question is where are Kilkenny at with ballyhale lads coming back in.

1 Like

33-1 is a huge price. I think that’s worth a E/W bet… F**K it, I’m going to go all Mayo on it:

#DublinForLiam

4 Likes

:grin::grin:

Yeah Yeah . . . April the First !!!

1 Like

They’re also introducing the new Wristy band, which will help Dublin players play more like real hurlers.

No - you can only use it in the Wristy Ring Cup.

1 Like

To come out of Munster, Limerick Deise and maybe Clare. Leinster wide open. If Wex hurled with 6 forwards they’d be right up there. Due to injuries etc, I’d say Dubs, Galway and maybe Wex to come out.

1 Like

Makes sense, the hurling format is currently far superior to the football championship where teams like Waterford are given a whalloping by Kerry :zipper_mouth_face:

You’d think they’d let tg4 get some games,sky and rte can’t show every game,tg4 do the games no one wants although the league is good and has competitive games they’re not quite championship games in the summer

2 Likes

And TG4 coverage fair better that both RTE & Sky…

2 Likes

Sunday game should be renamed the Munster game

4 Likes

Except for Lyng butchering Irish! I wish Tyers could do the lot. He is brilliant.

1 Like

25/1 with PP yesterday

Football kicks off this weekend with mayo v New York and London v Galway. What a damp squib of an opening weekend. Hurling by comparison is straight in with important matches between the top sides.

perhaps non contests with Mayo and Galway being involved , but to me it is vitally important that the games continue for the ex pats.

Hurling hits the ground running , the restructure has purged the poor teams and it has a knock out feel from day 1

3 Likes

Perhaps!!!

The game can continue for the ex-pats, in the Kevin Heffernan Championship the winner of which qualifies for the Sam Maguire the following season. Then they’d get games they have a hope of winning. These current one off games against a big team aren’t worth a whole lot to anyone, certainly not in term sof promoting the games in New York or London.

Turkey shoots which bring nothing to the overall championship, imagine instead Mayo v Kerry in Mayo as a crucial game to see who tops the group.

2 Likes