All Ireland SFC Final, Dublin v Mayo, Croke Park, September 18th 2016

True but , but …ah never mind .

That’s one of the issues with Mayo, some of their supporters don’t see any issue with the Golden Boys of Mayo football ruling the roost. Any other County would have supporters backing in getting rid of them.
They blame everyone bar the players. IMO the panel need to start looking in the mirror more often.

Like Bart?

They seem to be playing James Horan tactics in first meeting with Holmes & Connelly. And I can’t get over the squad wanting 50/50 split with Mayo county board on deciding on the new manager. They threatened to strike on that too if weren’t allowed a input. If Mayo players should that leadership on the pitch they might actually win something.

++++++ BREAKING ++++++
An incensed priest associated with the Holmes-Connolly faction has just issued a decree during 6 mass in Swinford that Mayo will never win another All Ireland as long as this team is … Gulp

Great stuff lads. Keep burying those heads.

Backdoor Sam says:
December 17, 2016 at 10:08 am
I think you have hit the nail on the head Willie Joe there really isn’t anything to see here its yesterday’s news. Looking forward to Jan 8th and Mayo V NUIG

Sinead37 says:
December 17, 2016 at 10:10 am
They have named players in it too but they are the same names and rumours we have heard all year, esp after loss to Galway. Why couldn’t they keep quiet. Another reason I’m happy that management pair are gone.

mortified says:
December 17, 2016 at 10:15 am
The whole thing is a bit pathetic imo. Holmes and Connelly coming out the worst

League Legends says:
December 17, 2016 at 10:30 am
Old news… let’s move on and embrace 2017. Onwards and upwards.

It’s mental how a group of players who have won nothing have become such superstars in the county and are virtually untouchable!

Liam says:
December 17, 2016 at 2:38 pm
Jaden,
Given that Dublin,
-Play 99% of their games in Croke Park
-Use the same dressing room and warm up at the same end of the pitch
-Have a couple of local ex heroin addicts as the warm up act before the All Ireland
-Have 10 times the population of Mayo
-Have 10 times the resources of Mayo and everyone else
-Have the host and main panelist on the Sunday Game
-Have the ref living and coaching in a dublin club
-Have the national media backing you because they sell more papers in Dublin
-Orchastrated a campaign to blacken the best player in the country
You’d think with all these advantages you’d be beating us out the gate and yet after 160 minutes of football you beat us by ONE point. So you don’t mind if I take a little offence with you coming on here with your mealy mouthed talk of a few two footed forwards and sideline cuteness seeing us to the promised land. I know its the season of goodwill and all, but go and ■■■■ off.

Wow. Just wow

It appears the people on mayogaablog who correctly are questioning the player power and wanting answers are in the vast minority. More people are actually blaming Breheny, Holmes and Connolly and talking about organising a boycott of the indo in Mayo :joy::joy::joy:

Think Aido was complaining about his brother Conor not been on panel of 26. They was also rumours of discontent after Galway game this year after Conor O’Shea was dropped from team having initially been named to start

It really is pitiful. Until they grasp the reality that they have to row into line, with a system that the squad must grasp, work harder than ever before and just shut the ■■■■ up and knuckle down, they will win sweet ■■■■ all. The egos are astonishing. The sight of them all in their suits post match in their hotel, giving interviews after the drawn game was just comical. Our lads took the professional approach, no suits, just the meal and then get the ■■■■ home, another game to go.

As long as they blame everyone else, we’ll see no threat from west of the Shannon unless Galway come up with something worth talking about soon. Good luck to them.

I’m done with Mayo. They have some terrific players, and some great talents, but until they lose this egotistical mantra and grasp the team ethos, they will actually regress IMO.

So now Des Cahill and Christy Dignam are the reasons we won the All Ireland? :laughing:

Jesus wept !

He has a fair few agreeing with him too. It’s a full on meltdown :joy::joy::joy:

That post sums up the clowns on mayoblog.

Proud Dub - how can I protect you in this crazy world?

Must say I’m very much enjoying this :grin:

No one here but you
No one moves but you
Nobody touches like you
You…
Nobody moves like you

:blush: :blush: :blush:

So you like Peep Shows Witty … eh?

Have to say fair play to the lads for keeping their counsel for so long. Nothing here surprises me as I had been hearing a lot of this kind of thing for a while now.

But is has to be hugely damaging. It is grand for the Mayo bloggers and Willie Joe to use the ‘move on’ mantra but how can they with any trust.

New lads coming in are going to be watching everything. There was obviously 7 that backed Connolly-Holmes - are they still there? Will they feel emboldened now the cat is out of the bag?

Look at this year and how they fell short … would your finger point at a placed ball only scorer in COC and a guy like AOS - who did/was not able to make a difference when it counted. Let he who is without sin etc …

Pretty poisonous stuff … but nonetheless lest I forget … Happy Xmas to all Mayo fans!

These are the hands of a tired man!

So, I’ll just throw this up here for the craic like…

Guess what our lads are getting in their stockings from Santy this year?

And the the Mayo prima donnas?

Well they’re getting this.

(Again.)

Enjoy lads !