All Ireland SFC Super 8’s Round 2 Dublin v Roscommon, Croke Park, Saturday July 20th 7pm

New game, new thread.

I hope Cooper and McCarthy are fit enough to play a good bit more on Saturday. I expect a couple of changes either way, even if Gavin doesn’t like to change a winning team too much.

DC to start

Connolly has to start to ensure we get over the line, especially in this hostile netrual venue.

4 Likes

ROC to start…
…on Diarmo.

This is the game to ring in the changes. Gavin didn’t make the majority of subs until well after the hour against Cork. I think that was a sign there will be some rotation this week and back to what he sees at the best 15 for Tyrone.

We might need 15 of him, one lining out in each position.

Will there be some rotation?

Yes @Ohm, have you seen Brian Howard’s dance moves?

3 Likes

Have given up trying to second guess Gavin pointless exercise, he has his picture/ vision and goes with it , rarely do we get it right on here bar a spine of 8-9 players

Can’t see this game being as big of a hammering as the bookies expect. 15 point handicap is condescending to the Rossies-huge emphasis put on the fact they are extremely unlikely to qualify for the semis.

I know this is being shown on Sky but is there anyway I’ll be able to stream it online preferably apart from Gaago

Yep. There surely is.

LiveNetTV. Down load the app & away you go.

Has worked a charm for Sky games for the past couple of years pour moi.

1 Like

I wonder if Dean Rock starts. If he does we may see the starting team stay on for a long time, although that perhaps only happened last week because Cork were so competitive for so long. Bookies believe ROS won’t be, but I am not sure, this could be tight for a long time.

The more I think about it, I think Jim will play the best team and squad he can play to win the game as cliche as that sounds. Gavin knows that a win and we’re in the semi-final with a week break next week and arguably a relatively dead rubber game the final week. He won’t put anything to chance. Rock should surely start then

But i do expect him to empty the bench either way as more options are now available to him.

Tyrone are up first Saturday and if they lose can’t see the Omagh game being a dead rubber. That may influence the bench work against Roscommon.

The other thing about this dead rubber is what if we go in on that basis and they do not and beat us. I’m not keen on that for a few reasons. I think because it’s Tyrone we will name virtually the same team as usual for it and see how it goes, if it’s a stalemate perhaps empty the bench early.

Is this only for Android by any chance

Don’t think so. I have it on both a Kindle Fire and a Huawei phone & it works fine on both. The Kindle runs on the Silk browser, not Android.

Sound :+1:t3: Thanks for your help

1 Like

DC will probably get a run out for 15-20 mins once the game has been put to be. Rossies to beat the handicap lose by 9 or 10.

Rossies have yet to concede a goal in the championship

We’v conceded just one, from a penalty