Allianz Hurling League (1B) 2019

Personally I am happy to see all home games in Parnell Park.

Galway away will see how things are shaping up under Kenny

Would expect a win from the carlow game,hopefully we see some lads who impressed in the walsh cup get some action like Hedgo,at home aswell we should get the win and not have any repeats of the first league game of last year

As for the Offaly game they are in a bad state and we should be okay,doesnt look like things are going well for them inside the camp either,but then again they might target us as a winnable game, but we should have too much for them as last June showed

The Galway one is the toughest of them all i think,we made a good account of ourselves in Salthill the last time but i wouldnt be the most optimistic about it. However Mattie would surely want to lay down a marker against his native county

The Waterford game will be tough as well but more winnable then the Galway game,they have a point to prove after last year and have some very good hurlers, a win against them might give us a more favorable draw in the quarter final if we make it which i think will happen and that should be a minimal requirement, but as last years league proved,we can be a bit shaky and nothing should be taken for granted

We put up a big score against Laois last year in the league and we should win this with a good bit to spare.Waterford play galway the same day with waterford having home advantage so that is one to keep an eye out for
If we could get 6 points and aim for 8 and give a good account of ourselves i think that would be quite good

I dont think it matters if we get promoted as the structures change in 2020 so we are all division 1 i think

Looking at the lack of quality opposition in most games im hoping we get promoted. It was okay getting things restarted last year under Gilroy in 1b but we should be really aiming to push on now. We have high quality young lads who would improve greatly and develop better playing in 1a. I know lads will say who won all irelands from 1b etc but I think we are a different kettle of fish and need to be playing at a higher level so we are ready for championship better.

Well by jaysus Waterford at home!! Will they know where Parnell park is?

Is the hurling league format changing in a year or 2?

Was thinking the same. For whatever way the fixture has gone it’s been a long time since we’ve played Waterford in Parnell. How many times in a row have we played them outside Dublin? Anyone know?

There isnt much benefit of finishing top it makes the games a little easier but all 1a teams are quality with little to differentiate between them . It would probably be more worthwhile getting further than a league quarter final this year

Did we not play them in the league in croker in 2017, it was a double header with mayo i think?

Ye, you’re right there.
So when did we play them in PP last?

If I done my search right I think its the 22nd of March 2009 was the last time they played us at parnell, well in the league anyways

Goodman Lucan. We won by a point. Ro Fallon at 6 and a young Liam Rushe in the corner

Don’t be surprised if Dublin turn up in Dungarvan for this one and Waterford get a walk over!

Competitive competition yes, we played them in challenge game before Champo started in 2018.

Kerry won’t be happy to see that Dublin are the home team for the game in Tralee.

Don’t know if it’s worth opening a thread for Div 1 A but the sending off of Tony Kelly last night marks a new low in refereeing. Absolutely outrageous.

I see Davy Fitz has taken on a coaching role with Sixmilebridge! This is in addition to the Wexford job! That can’t help his focus on getting Wexford right for the championship?

Listening to Brian Carroll on Woolly’s podcast today he said there was only 3 of the team that hammered Dublin last year playing against Waterford.

They’d 5 lads starting who play Senior B at club level.

We need to dish out a hiding if the above is true

Tony Kelly appeal against red card was rejected tonight :frowning:

I’d say won’t be involved with Sixmilebridge until August when Clare championship starts. Wexford won’t be going far anyway. Sure he was in charge of LIT teams for 15 years up to last year.