Book Recommendations

This is great. Trust me.

Well you were on the money on Peroni, so I’ll give it a go.

Hmmnnn.

Didn’t enjoy it, so much so that I didn’t finish it.

Currently reading The Best of AA Gill; it’s a collection of his best writing across various topics and it’s very good, he was a great writer.

I went off him after this

but you’re right, he was a brilliant writer

We should be charging for adverts!

Hadn’t heard that before.

Scandalous behaviour.

Great book. Loved the piece on Stow on the Wold. Spent some time there & he was bang on the money. Awful place. Very, very picturesque, but awful.

That’s a shame . I’d love to see him in a stand alone film, i hear he wants to make it ( Carlyle ).

I feel like there’s a story to be told here.

Who, from me…or Gill?

No story from me really. Was over visiting rellies in the area & they took us on tour of some of the Cotswolds most excessively twee villages.

Gloucester is a lovely city. The Cotswolds are similarly beautiful.

Yes, they are. But it wasn’t the scenery that he took umbrage with in his article. It was a certain kind of resident.

Looking to load the Kindle again ahead of the annual pilgrimage to the villa. I have Jayo and Philly’s book in hard copy so will read them again - am only avid on hols. Any good other sports or other ones? I still have Campbell’s Diaries on the Kindle - this will be my 3rd year going at it.

Michael foley s Kings of September (82 all Ireland final) and the same writers “the bloodied field”. Best gaa writer in the country imo.

Agassi - Open
Joey Barton’s book ( no really, it’s not really about football )
War Baby (about the Benn McLennan fight )
Ali - Jonathan Eig
Mike Tyson - My story

Cheers lads - read Barton last year. Enjoyable enough but like Geraghty nothing was ever his fault … the eternal victim.

Shay Given’s autobiography is decent enough too

I loaded deadmans trousers final part of trainspotting. The blade artist and a decent ride worth a read. Must be an Irvine Welsh fan I’d say to get yer head around some of the back stories…

Finished Dead Man’s Trousers - really enjoyed it, though you really need to have read The Blade Artist first (which I didn’t really like). It’s Welsh’s best since the one he did about the female gym trainer in Miami - that was brilliant.