Camogie 2020

Just starting off new thread for 2020.wishing all county teams the best in 2020 and hopefully putting dublin camogie on the map.

5 Likes

Jesus I just seen Laois Camogie have withdrawn their team this year !! That’s mad to think a county with a big tradition not having numbers !!!

Yes especially as they won minor B last year with a good team.

Think us blokes should really get downey with da lovely ladies’ gaelic hockey this year n dat.

Laois players not making themselves available because of the interference of the Laois CB chairman Barney O’ Connor - that’s the cause of the problem !!
Where have we heard of that before ??

Is it only at senior ,what about minors

Just the Laois seniors

Was the Dublin senior panel announced?

No Dublin senior panel announced yet as far as I’m aware . Inters are currently struggling for numbers . Dave Dunning and Kevin Kenny seem to be the only ones involved at that level but I’m open to correction . In relation to Laois I dealt with that Barney lad last year in a hurling matter , really nice guy and he intimated that the players run the show there and were instrumental in removing Dave Dunning when he was there. Laois have had a different manager every year for last few years . Think that says a lot . A county board as bad as our own team probably…

With around 48 with the seniors surely they need to pick a panel now and send some down to.the inters.inters are out away to tipp I think on the 9th feb.if girls are coming down they need time to bed in.

Does anyone know how the inters got on against the Killkenny Minor team last weekend?

Beaten 4-12 to 2-7

48 Really ? I’m assuming that doesn’t include Vinnies players where you could have any of
Ali Maguire
Grainne Quinn
Emer McCarthy
Deirdre Johnstone
Ellen McGovern
Ashling Maher
Aine Woods
Hedgo (likely to be with Dublin ladies football)

I thought these lads have been involved before and know the Camogie scene , no …

I maybe wrong but thats what I heard.if true then alot will surely go to the inters.think at least 2 minors at the moment davis and murphy who I imagine should have now joined the minors.

If they continue with the current carry-on, 2020 will be a bigger disaster than 2019 and that’s saying something!! The league is starting in weeks - the clock, it is a ticking !!

I saw them train pre Christmas and max they had 24 out.

Maybe Im wrong anout the numbers.but we will soon see how both squads are

Why are the CB having a reconvened AGM ?

Is it reconvened or an adjourned agm?