Clump

But if faced with evidence from the investigation that trump has questions to answer and trump is refusing to be interviewed (above the law), surely that goes above general conservative principles - surely any careers lawyer/judge would have serious reservation about allowing that to happen? Would set a very dangerous precedent.

Very likely that another will step down or pass away before his 4years is up as well

Which is why it is crucial for the Democrats to retake both house and senate this November. At least that way,they can put some pressure on any potential nominee choices. Or better, pull a McConnell and refuse to allow the candidate a hearing until after the next Presidential election.

You’d think so, but I’m sure they could find a way. Trump could always pardon himself for any discovered legal wrongdoing. No President has ever done that before, so its legality is a grey area, which would most likely be tested by…the Supreme Court.

Trump’s legal team have also claimed that Trump can refuse to be interviewed even if subpoenaed. (https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/04/opinion/trump-subpoena.html) Other lawyers think Muller would be able to force him by going through court. But once again, this would be appealed all the way to the Supreme Court.

Exactly. So how can a president, who is being investigated, be allowed pick someone on the supreme court which will rule if he tries to act as if he is above the law. Truly worrying times. Watching the GOP lads try to grill Wray and Rosenstein today, they look like they’re sticking with Party before country all the way. American democracy has never faced anything like this, they are lurching towards an authoritarian regime.

To borrow a phrase, it’s not about who’s going to allow him, it’s about who’s going to stop him. And the numbers just aren’t there, unless at least one republican senator votes against whoever Trump nominates. And that’s assuming that all Democrats vote en masse against the nominee, of which I would not be very confident.

And as for lurching towards authoritarianism, when you’re putting kids in cages, there’s no further left to lurch. You’re already there.

Fair point. For the first time I fear he’s going to get away with this whole fiasco.

Sadly that was only a matter of time

As always with scummy ■■■■■ like this when something happens “Uhhhhh it was only a joke I wasn’t being serious”

Scumbag of the highest order , and not just for this .

"And then he said that journalists who quoted his statements would be the ones responsible if the events are connected.

“If there turns out to be any dimension to this crime related to my private, misreported remarks, the responsibility for that lies squarely and wholly with the Beast and the Observer for drumming up fake hysteria about a private joke, and with the verified liberals who pretended they thought I was serious,” he wrote.

Yiannopoulos then proceeded to call journalists “vermin” and said that the shooter is likely a “demented left-winger.”

Subhuman Scum

Really, really?

Was that not the Irish people who payed the fine for Deutsche Bank…

Indeed. We have sat back and been screwed for 10 years and our own were/are up to their necks in it too of course.

OH dear Nigel

Shudder to think what he would have done to St Andrews

Penny for the thoughts of the people involved in Doonbeg…