Coronavirus COVID-19

Unfortunately, Corona-Virus may need a thread of it’s own. This is very serious now:

Reads like an alarmist propoganda article to me.

Bang goes the lucrative organ “donation” market in china

1 Like

Jaysus I like your different angle on things generally al, but this is getting a little worrying no?

Yes it is, it’s always alarming, to be honest I always expect this kind of thing to happen any day and am surprised there hasn’t been more. But then every time I read the details of articles about what’s happening currently and it somehow doesn’t sound right, it doesn’t all fit. Maybe it’s been a huge China cover up or maybe it’s something else but whatever it is I find it hard to trust anything we hear and read about it

1 Like

Suppose it all depends on who you rely on for or belive for your news feeds.Either way we will know soon enough either way I would think.

Rte now reporting second death in Italy.

Feck

This is going to be a pandemic at this stage

1 Like

Some very confusing stats at times.

The Associated Press reported that the new death toll is significantly higher than the latest number of confirmed cases of infections that Iranian officials had reported just a few hours earlier by and which stood at just 12 deaths out of 47 cases, according to state TV.

That is a lot higher than the 2.5% death rate reported by china

A pandemic then, yes? Does that get decided by the U.N. or W.H.O.?

Fucking hell

1 Like

Seems to be rapidly coming our way …Austria and Croatia now.Was looking at the price of face masks and anti bad liquid. …my god the price is just wrong.What was a couple of cent now 10 euros …what was 8 euro now 39.Would bet most retailer/ wholesalers have taken stock off sale to only put back out when the shit hits the fan.

It’s worrying…I think it’s inevitable we will have cases here.

Is there any solid data on the infection to death rate?

I’d watch the infection to death rate in Italy as a gauge to how deadly this is. You can’t trust number from China or Iran.

2 Likes

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

But according to the Dept of Health we’re Grand…

1 Like