Coronavirus COVID-19

Has saved us an absolute horror show hopefully.

We are flattening it all the time - every day that people abide by the guidelines. Scrotes like the young crowd in the picture earlier have no interest in flattening it.

With a 14 day period and a lot of measures introduced on 15/3 hopefully we will see the benefit of that. There will be bad days in the next fortnight but we must expect that - and hope our % continue to come in below expectations. That way it will be a lot more manageable.

But as @Rochey would say keep washing the hands and keep your distance.

2 Likes

Not sure about her data and projections but interesting all the same

Granny is in nursing home in Glasnevin, went on lockdown 3 weeks ago.

1 Like

Behave

3 Likes

True, every model will have different projections but, as things stand, I doubt anywhere would turn down a 16% upward trend currently.

about a month if we behave ourselves

the hour going forward is probably not ideal as a bit of sunshine will see groups out for cans in various places in Dublin

the behaving ourselves piece is the challenge

255 cases - probably a few thousand at least who have a mild form of it and aren’t getting tested

really until we get a vaccine we need a global approach to this - trump and johnson won’t help this though

2 Likes

FEMA!

It s getting quieter everyday. I m out in the car around north Dublin for about 3 hours everyday. Howth , Malahide, Coast rd , ,Phoenix pk . People are staying in. Where I live just off Glasnevin ave it is quiet enough . This an area where there are always plenty of teenagers hanging around. Bar a few toe rags hanging around the slipper pub today all I see is the general public doing their best to adhere to the direction given .

8 Likes

It is yeh. Town was eerie yesterday, just silence.

This is very sad and frightening if true. I’ve seen the government is denying it is true

Unfortunately no reason to believe it is fake.I don’t think it will only be spain either that these choices will be made in relation to respirators.

It will be even quieter today…the 10 deaths yesterday seems to have shocked many…wait until it goes multiples of that…people are getting very afraid.

Omg that’s horrifying :disappointed_relieved:

Holy shit - that’s powerful and frightening. Listening to what’s happening in London that the next big European city to face this situation

Some cunning stunt of a human being

No real need to be afraid if you follow the guidelines. Unfortunately like every other ill in society it’s the tiny majority they try to fcuk it up for everybody. We see the effort and sacrifice of our health workers, then there’s the Garda, shop workers, hauliers, social welfare staff, postmen and women and all others who are helping to keep things ticking over. Then we have the assholes who spit and cough at people, who gather in groups and don’t give a fcuk. If parents won’t look after their children appropriately there should be curfews and heavy fines. This b**tard of a virus will continue to spread if people aren’t vigilant. If they are wilfully negligent it makes it tougher for the rest of us. There has to be zero tolerance here.

7 Likes

US now has the most cases. Cue tweet …

‘We are the best at this Chinese virus. We have the most cases. More than any other country in the world. America is number one for Corona. People said this wouldn’t be possible but we don’t do not possible’

2 Likes