Covid 19 Help Link

So here we are. Member’s families becoming diagnosed. Tempos Fugit. Carpe Diem. We don’t know each other but we kinda do too! This is going to become awful but we are a band of brothers (and sisters! DubGirl etc!) and we will support each other. If anyone needs messages or medications collected or brought to anywhere around the Dublin 1, 3, 5, 13 areas, let me know. Also if anyone has kids who may have anxiety, extra needs etc, pm me and we can deal with whatever is going on. Namaste folks.

21 Likes

I get anxiety reading your posts sometimes!

Seriously though fair play to you - I know you’re a good skin. I’m not much help in these circumstances - or any - but the good people always come to the fore. Kudos. :+1:

3 Likes

Great idea compadre! I would love to assist whenever I’m available, but with 3 young kids at home, one with special needs, my time is going to be very limited. But if I spot something here that I can assist with, I’ll gladly do it.

@Iomaint maybe you should pop a link to this on the main Covid thread?

3 Likes

I am to technology what Ewan is to facts! I am useless! Could you do that for us please?

6 Likes

I’ve a family and elderly parents myself but I’m taking next 4 weeks off work so will be available to do what I can

Swords into Northside City Centre

1 Like

I’d imagine from Monday I’ll be off work so I’ll be around to help anyone who needs it. No one is too far away

1 Like

Same here folks I’m in Navan but in Dublin City centre weekdays if I can help let me know!

@Iomaint great Mr.

My anxiety is through the roof at this stage. Hiding it well from the children though. Watching The Quiet Place on Netflix is not helping :scream:

1 Like

Well said big man.

Do what I am. Relax, you can’t control the uncontrollable, but you can make it nigh on extremely difficult to catch it if you wash your hands thoroughly and regularly, especially after being outdoors! Also, don’t use handrails and then touch your face! Common sense is not too common, but follow the COVID guidelines by the HSE and you will not likely catch it. Stressing about it only makes it a terrifying experience. It is terrifying, but worrying does nothing but bad for you. Eat healthily, take some vitamin C, wash your hands, stop touching your face and practice good cough etiquette.

2 Likes

I am doing all of that. Since before it became a thing. I am a bit of a germaphobe though not diagnosed. It’s not just the actual virus that has me terrified. It’s the impact its having all around us. The unknown I suppose. But its comforting to know that we are all in it together. It feels like a disaster film. Your words are comforting nevertheless so cheers!

3 Likes

Thank you. Please try spread positivity. It is a trying time… But as my ma said, as a nation, we’ve been through worse and came out smiling!

G’wan the Irish!

1 Like

Oh I defo will. Ye just caught me at a weak moment😏

2 Likes

If anyone needs cheering up just contact me. I am a really pleasant cheery ■■■■■■■. Next.

4 Likes

You are though!!!

Anyone with elderly relatives or high dependency, those with underlying medical conditions or those that are vulnerable, from Tuesday on I am available to go to or assist over the phone if they have an electrical emergency fault. Obviously free gratis .

6 Likes

I’m off until the schools and clubs are back,so, just let me know. Anywhere, don’t mind. Plus my three kids have my head melted :joy::joy:

5 Likes

Kindered spirits a chara!!!

1 Like

I have to say @Rochey they did a great job at clearing the back garden, washing my car and whitewashing the fence :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Fair play @Nappertandy. Serious electrical issue here at the moment but can easily be fixed by rewiring the house. And I’ll not hear of this free gratis thing. There’s €20 in it for you.

7 Likes