Dublin club league 2019

As the div 1 league is split in two for 2019, what is the format for playoffs. Will there be quarter finals? If straight to semis, then teams who finish third in div 1b will only play 4 games. Not much football for a whole season? I can’t see the rules on the DLGGA website

0 Likes

Who knows will it even get finished last years league wasn’t…

0 Likes

Dem wimmin are never finished.

0 Likes

Seeing as there was already a walkover in the first match of 1B, some teams may only have three matches.

County board must be delighted with themselves that league has started - they can now archive last years league table shambles !!

Looking at the fixtures Davis get one league match in May and their next league game is in October?

0 Likes

They’re finished when they tell you there finished.

2 Likes

It would be nice to see teams playing a decent amount of matches but that said it will be Foxrock again for the league. They won’t be beaten again this season

0 Likes

Be nice if teams played when they should . Some of the excuses given for games not being played in the past is ridiculous. There is a fixture officer in place now let’s see if he/she will have any power .
Nothing wrong with last years format btw . 1-2 clubs took the piss and there was no repercussions.

0 Likes

Agree. Clubs should be sanctioned for moving fixtures. I am sure there are rules already in place but just not enforced. Good to hear that there is a fixtures officer in place. Hopefully he or she will get the backing of the board

0 Likes

The following penalties shall be levied for Adult games where walkovers are given- Cup €50 for second or subsequent walkovers, League €50 for second or subsequent walkovers, €100 fine for any walkover in championship

Not a huge consequence.

However I have seen in camogie where a team can be deducted points for not fulfilling a fixture - that has some substance.

0 Likes

Monetary fines are useless and are rarely collected. Points deduction and the possibility of relegation is the only way. Mind you if leagues aren’t finished then teams cannot be relegated. And of course there are the teams who refuse to take promotion and their excuses for not doing so are accepted without question. If you top a league then you move up, end of

0 Likes