Dublin Football U17s 2019

Can’t seem to find a thread on this .
Was this the aim of bringing the age group down to lessen the media / discussion on young teams !!
In years gone by the minor set up would have had threads numerous pages long by now with reports on challenge games!!
I hope we as a county have not fallen into the trap of taking our eye off the ball due to the senior success.
I’ve no idea as to who the manager is or who is involved .

Problem is it’s not really minor. It’s a mix of minor and U16. Hard to keep an eye on what essentially are two totally different age groups at club level. No harm in lowering the exposure, not that I agree with the change. 15/16 year olds are too young to be exposed to inter county madness.

4 Likes

Agreed. Why was it ever changed in the first place, to accommodate 21s moving to 20s?

https://www.dublingaa.ie/news/minor-footballers-open-leinster-mfc-campaign-against-meath

Swan is underage again this year, isn’t he?

He is

Who’s looking after the team this year?

Jim Leahne is manager. Anyone know anything about him club etc?? Short video posted on dubs tv today…

He’s from Plunketts. A good bloke. Has been involved with the Senior Team for a long time. Not sure how the Dublin thing came about

1 Like

Not the best start

1-2 to 1-1 for dubs ,great respone

1 Like

Great response to meaths early goal and Dublin go in front 1:02 to 1:01

1 Like

Great Result

1 Like

Good win - Did Luke Swan start ? He was listed as a sub

Good win .Didnt they get hockeyed by meath last year ??,