Dublin GAA Player Database

It’s becoming a perennial complaint nowadays, as the clamour for player facts & stats grows.

More and more counties are compiling - I see Mayo, Kerry, Offaly & Kildare have info online.

Is there one for Dublin, does anyone know?

Yeh there is, his name is @Stato82

7 Likes

Stato-oo, Stato-oo, Stato-oo, Stato-oo, Stato-oo, Stato-oo, Stato-oo, Stato-oo, Stato-oo, Stato-oo, Stato-oo, Stato-oo, Stato-oo, Stato-oo, Stato-oo, Stato-oo, Stato-oo, Stato-oo, Stato-oo, Stato-oo, Stato-oo, Stato-oo, Stato-oo, Stato-oo, Stato-oo, Stato-oo, Stato-oo, Stato-oo, Stato-oo, Stato-oo, Stato-oo, Stato-oo, Stato-oo, Stato-oo, Stato-oo, Stato-oo …

The dubs by gerry callan was updated in 2018 and I’m sure a new edition will hit the shops for crimbo. It’s like an encyclopedia of stats.

I know what you mean about stats, as soon as book it published it’s out of date. But the details on it would be some time consuming effort to put up on the likes of wikipedia. For all stats questions cant go wrong with asking our stato.

1 Like

Great. Is there a hurling one too?

Just looking at this article https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/dublins-alltime-leading-scorers-how-dean-rock-surpassed-bernard-brogan-and-his-own-father-38487313.html
and the graphic below. scorers

If Dean rock stays injury free and in good form and bags 34 points between league and championship hell become our highest ever scorer. @Stato82 can tell us if its likely based on last years return.

They were stats before drawn game. Deano stats are 14-419(461) from 89 games. From my records he is still behind Bernard Brogan who scored 36-357(465) in 119 games. Think BB is highest championship scorer for Dublin with 21-199(262) in 60 games. Rock has scored 9-212(239) in 44 championship games. I don’t have Jimmy Keaveney records.

But will Dean Rock get a starting place this year?

2 Likes

Only in dublin would a lad score 14 - 416 in 88 league and championship games and lads question if you’ll even start. I’d argue for reliability Cluxton, McCarthy and Rock are unquestioned over the last 5 championships. Dean is so assured from placed balls Hughes worth 6/7points every game, apart from those refereed by Conor Lane and you dont get one in a full half of championship football.

2 Likes

Deano has now overtaken BB to be Dublin second highest scorer between championship/league games. Rock has scored 16-428(476) in 91 games for Dublin. 16 points behind Jimmy Keaveney now.

5 Likes