Dublin Minor & Colleges Hurling 2020

1-5 from Cian Boyle (Castleknock) named at CF is some going, none of them are listed as frees but assume a couple of them are. Don’t recall him playing minor for Dublin? Just looking online and he seems to have a great record in finals for castleknock from junior B final win to senior B final win so he has form.

South go on to play Wexford colleges on saturday, the winner of which plays dub north again for the right to play in the championship proper in a nice easy group with St Kierans, St Peters and Eoin!

1 Like

We picked up Dublin 16 A and Leinster A1 (really B) in the last couple of week. In Dublin Senior A final too.

3 Likes

Some going Alan! :+1:t2:

1 Like

Pretty strong half forward line.

1 Like

Plenty of minor experience there, interesting moving Swan out of FF to try him as a ball winning HF.

South tend to miss Eoin when they’re going it alone at senior A

Any idea of the breakdown of the schools in Dublin North? Lots of Castleknock CC I would presume?

Three Castleknock players on the team anyway. Think that Castleknock cc team won junior b and on to senior b?

Strong selection of forwards! Any idea of other schools? Ardscoil Ris have been going well lately I hear? St Fintans in Sutton and Aidan’s in Whithall too?

Árd Scoil Rís have been very strong lately.

1 Like

Dublin north traditionally would pull from literally everywhere,big small clubs alike who don’t tend to attend a so called GAA school from what I’d have observed

4 of the starting forwards are Castleknock GAA lads.
Castleknock CC team beaten by a point by Decos yesterday, mad score something like 6-19 to 4-26

2 Likes

That is mad scoring! Especially this time of year.

Wexford Schools beat Dublin South 1-19 to 1-7, so they will play Dublin North in the playoff I think. They’ll be up against it I’d say going by that scoreline anyway.
They’re playing on Saturday in Naomh Barrog at 1pm according to the leinster gaa website

That’s a disappointing result for dub south, even minus the Eoin lads you’d hope they’d be more competitive then that.

Was on the all weather in Broombridge which might explain it. Fast surface and Big pitch…forward’s dream

Some scoring alright for this time of year!! Must have been a joy to watch that game! Interested to see how that competition fares out. Is it Declans and Ardscoil in the final?

Dublin North v Wexford schools on today out in Barróg at 1PM.

Dublin North won by 4

3 Likes

Great stuff, was worried by the wex v dub south scoreline.

Great to hear :+1: