Dublin Minor Football Championship 2019

Does anyone know if the draws for Minor football championship were made last night ?
Thanks

I’d imagine so. Should be sent out today

1 Like

Castleknock favourites?

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing with Swan, Murray (I think), and Forker.

Remember this is U18, whereas Dubs minors were U17 this year

When was the last time Beann Eadair entered a minor team in championship?? First time I ever remember seeing them enter one before.

Castlenock still have 4 of Dublin’s best Dublin minors from this year. They are the most athletic side in it, will be hard beaten when everyone is available. Defo the Toughest group with 4 div 1 teams, vins Castlenock Td and Plunketts.

1 Like

Your point about “everyone available” is well made. All sides in that group are capable of beating each other. League positions where not a true reflection of the sides best XV - just the depth of the squads they had.

I would have made Ballyboden as favourites - followed by Castleknock and Lucan. BBSE have half the team that lost last years MFC final and the first year minors got to the semi final of U16 A Championship. They are also comfortably got the handiest draw.

Beann Éadair’s players normally go to Barróg but they have had better numbers of late. Good to see

Saw a juvenile report a couple of months ago and Beann Eadair were top of the list for % growth numbers at underage level, they also have a good number of teams at underage girls as well. Looks like a lot of good working going on in the schools around the Howth and Sutton catchment areas.

Na fianna had 3 matches lined up v binn eadair at u10 level 2 years ago. When we turned up they only had enough players for 1 match as the rest of their players were in a tennis tournament. Priorities people of Howth priorities.

So, a lot of players were set for a game but had no match?

1 Like

St Sylvesters 2-10 Skerries Harps 2-11, Sylvesters led 1-5 to 0-5 at half time.

Who are the favourites for this?

Boden and Na Fianna both won in Group 1. I’d expect Boden to win this group and they’ll be one of the favourites for the title.

Skerries beat Syls and BSJ drew w Clontarf in Group 2. I’d have expected BSJ to win that game at home, but that group will be very tight. I’d guess BSJ and Skerries will get through, but don’t expect either to win the title.

In Group 3 Crokes beat Lucan and Ballymun beat Mearnogs. I expect that Crokes and Lucan will win the remaining fixtures. Both are good enough to win the title. Lucan very strong and will only get better as the championship progresses.

In Group 4 Castleknock beat Vinnies and Plunketts beat a weakened Thomas Davis. Castleknock played ok in the win over Vinnies, and should improve in the coming weeks. Vinnies played well too. All 4 sides good enough to qualify. Expect the game between Vinnies and Plunketts to decide who joins Castleknock in the last 8.

My guess is that the winner will be from Boden, Vinnies, Lucan or Castleknock (touch wood!)

Vins 2-13 Td 1-17

Biggest shock of Championship so far