Dublin Senior A Hurling Championship 2016

I believe they are going all out for the 11th

The Cuala Slaughtneil game is the same weekend as the Fitzgibbon cup, just looking at the fixtures there. The colleges will be up in arms over not having their lads for the biggest weekend in the calendar, I don’t know for sure that Cuala have Fitzgibbon lads but you’d imagine there’s a few

If Cuala lads are in receipt of college Grants, surely they’ll have to play Fitzgibbon?

They don’t. Certainly the Vincents lads didn’t. At this time of year the club All irelands take precedence over everything.

Not true . The cuala lads will be expected to play . They will require agreement not to. What Vincent’s players in 2013 were playing sigerson anyway ?

Mick Concarr & Shane Carthy for sure

Our Sigerson lads had no such issue when we went on our good run in 12/13

Sw[quote=“TheLoneRanger, post:561, topic:591, full:true”]

Not true . The cuala lads will be expected to play . They will require agreement not to. What Vincent’s players in 2013 were playing sigerson anyway ?
[/quote]

Gavin Burke anyway. Didn’t play for DCU in either 2013 or 2014 until the club campaign was over.

They will play with Cuala I’d imagine. No point forcing someone to play if they dont want to.
All-Ireland Club is a bigger competition.
Better standard too.

Surely they’d only be bound to play with the college if they were specifically on a hurling scholarship, do they even do those anymore, haven’t heard about them in a few years.

Gavin Burke anyway. Didn’t play for DCU in either 2013 or 2014 until the club campaign was over.
[/quote]

he was a first year in 2013 so he wasn’t eligible anyway for sigerosn

A stipulation in scholarships if you must play with the university .

Not many of them on scholarships though? Grants are different and arent tied to playing hurling.

Dunno. I do know anyone who is on a scholarship has to play with the college unless released. Thats’ why these college players in the subsidiary comps play with the colleges

Is the relegation final going ahead this sunday anyone know?

Yes.

Yes, but have to give it Setanta’s management and team even though they have two players(one starting) out with Dublin today they are going ahead with playoff tomorrow. I know I am from Setanta, but this is the third time this match has been fixed and we have been prepared to play on each occasion.

Who won

Heard setannta by a point

1-14 to 1-13 to Setanta