Dublin Senior A Hurling Championship (SHC A) 2017

I see Chris Crummey backing na fianna for the 2017 championship in Saturday’s match programme.

Would anyone go along with his view? Can anyone see beyond Cuala dominating?

I think na fianna have it in them to win a championship but not this year, I think they’ll be looking at a good run reaching at least the semis. But unless Crokes or Boden step up I don’t see anyone getting near Cuala

Na Fianna are a long way from a championship yet. They can’t even make it out of a group and until they do they cannot be talked of as contenders, never mind winners.

Cuala may well win the AI. They are the standard bearers and will take some knocking off their perch.

I think Na Fianna could well be a quarters/semis team this year, but all depends on the draw. Speaking of which…any dates for the draw?

Draws to be done this weekend

If Na Fianna can’t come out of that group they are in serious trouble.

A. Boden and Cuala.
B. Lucan and who knows.
C. Crokes and Vins (I hope)
D. Na Fianna and O’Tooles

Tough draw on faughs & crumlin

… and setanta, jaysus!

Groups 2&4 wide open

Some nice groups there agree with tayto 2/4 wide open.
Group one Cuala Boden but I’m sure crumlin will have something to say about that.
Group two ballinteer Lucan or brigids
Group 3 crokes then a toss up between vins/jude
Group four some nice local derbies, na fianna Otooles or craobh for me.
Look forward to watching some cracking games this year.
Gonna say crokes to win it outright this year.

If they don’t they’re paying a lot of money for very little!

Finbarrs and Brigids the higher ranked league sides in Group 2.

Lucan won’t come out of that too easy and wouldn’t be surprised if everyone ends up on same points.

Whats that supposed to mean ? Didnt vincents go off on warm weather training week last year ?

Vincents always get tough groups every year.

No point complaining though have to beat the best to be the best.

Be nice to see them get a soft draw for once though and maybe top a group and get a nice run to semi.

Average age of the team is about 14 as well so probably be a few years till they’re motoring at full speed.

Are Judes still a force, they contested two Senior Finals in recent years?

Judes have 3 on the county panel but will have players travelling this year. One would expect them to be ahead of Vincents but then they coughed up a 10 point lead to an average lucan side last year when it mattered with a stronger panel than this year…

Group 2 was the handy group you wanted for Vins !!!

I’m talking about management expenses.

alan your a cynic that fine man is doing it for his 40 year love of Crokes

Due to the handy auld draw, Setanta will not be imposing a drinking ban this year and our policy of allowing players to smoke at half time, will not change! You have been warned!

@Iomaint Heard Co Board have revised the group as they couldn’t possibly have knockout stages without Crokes or Vinnies involved…

Any sign of a fixture list for the two group games this month?

It was out last week on Dublin site.