Dublin Senior Footballers 2019

10 Likes

What a magnificent young man. Sportstar of the Year sitting with Jonny Sexton and the missus, charity match v Meath and then off to Down for the below. And work in the morning no doubt. Makes the begrudgers look very very small indeed.

9 Likes

He is a diamond.

And he took juvenile training at his own club last week, dressed like this.

The man is a LEGEND !

3 Likes

Like the big fella himself, delivers every year!! :santa:t4:

Yeah Byrne wasn’t great in the championship, but as you say, he ain’t no half back. He was much better other years as a corner forward and he was one of the main men in the U21 AI win.

We will see on O Shea. I think he will be given a good chance. I can’t say for definite he will come through.

An early Christmas present for us all

Just confirmed that Jim Gavin has agreed to stay on for another 3 years which will bring him up to the end of the 2021 season.

11 Likes

Jim :heart:

great stuff

The 7 in a row. Ya greedy baxted Jim

4 Likes

Are you including Alan in ‘us all’ ?

2 Likes

The ‘God help’ is missing there …

Article originally had this intro below

Dublin senior football manager Jim Gavin has extended his contract with the All-Ireland Champions, the province have confirmed.

:thinking: :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

I’d be more worried about the use of the word contract. Revenue might want a word :wink:

2 Likes

The DCB never mentioned a contract, it’s not like RTÉ to get things mixed up and come to conclusions and throw in a few added words :wink:

4 Likes

The media’s continuing insistence on referring to John C as the CEO while all other counties just have secretaries is also annoying.

2 Likes

I think John uses it himself in fairness and is often referred to as CEO on Dublin GAA platforms

Does he?

Fair enough. Not sure any such title exists but that may just be pendantry.

Appears he does alright:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/john-costello-6425029b/?originalSubdomain=ie

This is superb news. We have a serious operator at the helm and long will it continue