Dublin Senior Hurling 2019

He’s a nice fella O’Neill ,met him few times in Mountmellick .

0 Likes

Jim McGuiness type figure. V divisive.

1 Like

Kavanagh’s bus still go to Mountra’h? From anywhere

0 Likes

Of course it does. From Borris in Ossory. Don’t act like you don’t know.

0 Likes

100 years young this year, gohhin where nohh buses ha’ e’her gohhne befohhre boss, hah!

https://bustimes.org/services/139-corduff-fingal-technology-park-entrance-naas-g

Where in the name o jaysus is Castaheaney??

0 Likes

Castaheaney is beside Clonee, not sure if its in Dublin or Meath.

0 Likes

Its part of dublin 15. More dublin if anything.

0 Likes

It’s in Castleknock, if the Sherry Fitzgerald auctioneers are to be believed. A wee bit like most of Sallynoggin is in Killiney. :laughing:

1 Like

There’s a field out there that straddles Dublin, Kildare and Meath. The only way of knowing you’re in Dublin is that the other two are sh1t at the GAH

1 Like

2 Likes

Something different,hopefully it works out

Sounds a bit like Gilroy with us last year but obviously Dessie isn’t the manager of course

0 Likes

Interesting move.

0 Likes

In fairness Gavin has pulled some rabbits out of the hat back room wise , anything that gives an edge is Ok by me

1 Like

Hmmm…could he be working himself back into the picture vis a vis management at inter county level again?

Didn’t he he rule himself out of taking over from Jim Gavin a few years ago, when there was chatter about Gavin not committing to anything past his original 3 year term?

It would look odd if he put the hand up to take over from JG, given that.

1 Like

from memory wasnt a bad hurler himself

0 Likes

If so he would be better off doing a job with Na Fianna. I’d have thought that would be enough to be going on with.

Truth be told no one has really put their hand up yet to take over from Gavin if and when he leaves.

0 Likes

Dessie hurled for Dublin if my memory Is correct. He was certainly a very good hurler on a Na Fianna side that were a regular top 4 in senior Div 2. Can’t remember if he wason the Na Fianna side that were promoted to Div 1 in late 80s/ early 90s. However most people don’t remember this as he opted for football at a very early stage in his career.

0 Likes

He was also playing a lot of hockey.

2 Likes

Ah yeah, I know that. But the media were questioning his intentions to such a degree when he stepped away from the GPA, that he had to come out & explicitly say he didn’t want to take over from Gavin. That’s what I meant. Apols. I wasn’t clear.

1 Like

Yes. That’s correct. Forgot about that.

0 Likes