Crokes
Crumlin
Cuala
Na Fianna
Naomh Fionnbarra
O’Tooles
Raheny
Round Towers Clondalkin

Always one of the harder ones to call. Barróg my favourites for now. Castleknock had a decent Minor team this year in the A that made it to the Semi, I wonder is 2020 the year they finally push on?

For me it has to be Finbarrs after a poor season last year they are not a club to take it lying down so I expect a big year for them

I think Barrog are without a manager.

Still plenty of time to sort that out if so

Really? Many teams are back training.

Just because they don’t have a manager yet doesn’t mean they aren’t training.

Also maybe teams shouldn’t be back training this early :thinking:

I heard Peregrines went back training last November for 2019 and it did them no good getting demoted this season. You don’t want to burn out.

1 Like

I fully agree.

1 Like

That looks really hard to win when you see the teams listed out like that…I said Barrog a week or so ago but didnt know the manager was one so that might change things.

Crumlin otooles and Barrs will be interesting to see if they all come back stronger after poor seasons by their standards. Cuala and na fiannas 2nd teams will be strong again. The 2 that came up, clontarf and Towers will be no pushovers…

Ill stick with Barrog though

Group 1:
O’Tooles
Crumlin
Cuala B
Castleknock
Barrog
Towers Clondalkin

Group B:
Na Fianna B
Finbarrs
Boden B
Crokes B
Clontarf
Raheny

They should have thrown Cuala B in Group B to round it off

Group 1 the easier of the two for sure

I’d disagree. I’d say both groups are fairly evenly matched. Will be some feisty games in group 1, Barog and Fionbarra to top their groups and Fionbarra to win it out. Towers or Castlenock could be the surprise package here.

Completely agree that the groups are evenly matched, and this is a very strong championship, with a lot of teams in the mix. I’d make Barrog my favs and I really think Castleknock are coming strong. I’d expect them to win AHL3 this year and when a team makes a habit of winning they can be difficult to stop so I would anticipate a good championship run from them too

Castleknock are talked up every year. I don’t see it happening again to be honest. Too much football out there still. The fact that they couldn’t field an U21 team in October/November despite entering one says it all to me. Their results in the League & Championship in 2019 aren’t those of a team about to top everyone. I would highlight their loss to Maurs away in the league, that’s the type of game a near Superclub (numbers wise) should be winning.

I do think they will make a big breakthrough at some stage over the next 5-years and not look back but just not yet.

1 Like

A Barrog Fionbarra repeat final similar to 2017 (?) could be very possible

I backed Barrog pre draw but think i read here last years manager is gone? Will that impact them?

Some super young hurlers in castleknock that WIll not get a sniff at first team football which is why this year may be different , speaking last year to a current player it was stated that current crop are aware of what’s coming behind and some were only keeping jersey warm , that said USA Aussie beckons for that age group also so who can say

Any word of fixtures for this lads ?

Go to hill 16 you have to scroll into April all fixtures roughly page 22 there fixtures up for hurling championship A B and intermediate, no junior fixtures showing

https://www.dublingaa.ie/competitions/fixtures/149959

Given Dublin are out 10/05, 17/05 and 31/05 is it safe to assume this championship will be held up as the games scheduled for 02/05, 20/05 and 03/06 featuring intercounty players will be delayed? Teams on both sides affected ( Barr’s and Clontarf)