Dublin U17 Hurling 2019

https://www.dublingaa.ie/news/minor-hurlers-ready-for-opening-test-against-kilkenny

1 Like

It’s a repeat of last year’s thrilling provincial decider that Dublin won 6-19 to 7-12 in O’Moore Park, Portlaoise.

Had forgotten about that win

1 Like

Was some win in fairness. Good to hear there are relatively few dual players which benefits the hurlers mainly. Good spine to this team so hopefully they can kick on and show their potential. We have had a good run at u17 the last 2 years so hopefully that continues.

1 Like

Who so left from last year? Swan, Purcell (broken leg), Murray? Many others?

Well Waddick was on panel as was Colm Walsh both of whom look like very good prospects, both strong in the air which is essential.

3 Likes

Waddick was on one of the Celtic challenge teams and is now capitan, fair play to him.

1 Like

probably the most enjoyable 60 mins i have seen in Dublin hurling

1 Like

Yep, he was in the Clarke u.16 Team last year, he impressed Connolly on the weds v Plunkett, and I believe started for the minors on the Sat v Wexford. Great player.

1 Like

Finn Murphy is another that started last year,I believe he has a broken arm at the moment and will miss the first few games at the very least.

1 Like

I’ve heard 8 who were on the panel last year are there this year. All would have gained a lot from minor training even if they didn’t get many games. Also a few of those were also colleges including 3 or 4 from the Colaiste Eoin team. Would have thought the team should have been announced by now…

3 Likes

should be a good mix, but you never know how they’ll go. Kilkenny away is a tricky start.

They all go into the quarters with top two the semis. It’s hardly that big a game in that sense. I’d rather beat KK in a final or a knock out game than in April!

1 Like

True enough, not the be all end all, but we might get a sense of how they’re going this weekend. A win would be a nice confidence boost. A narrow enough loss in a high scoring game would be fine as well, but a hammering wouldn’t bode well.

2 Likes

other then last years players Who to watch out for from that lot? Purcell named as a sub a gesture or is he on the mend?

The two Lucan lads played up for our club minors last year and were impressive,as for colm walsh in middle he is a serious hurler

2 Likes

Good to see a decent spread of clubs, yet again. And also good to see clubs like Fingallians, Clontarf, Marks and TD providing players. These clubs are obviously upping their game.

2 Likes

Tommy O’Brien a good player. Nice spread of clubs alright

What clubs are the subs?

i dont suppose DubsTV are going to stream it. now that would be class. Remember when they were a dublin station newstalk used to cover Dublin minor matches.