Dublin U20 Hurling 2019

So should have the bones of a good team. Who is managing them this year? Shame it has moved to u20 this year otherwise we’d have had a really strong selection.

It still is a good team Currie,Walsh,Gannon,O Floinn,Keogh
Hopefully those guys can get further than they did at minor in 2017

Pretty sure it’s a lad from crumlin Paul not sure of his 2nd name

Paul o Brien would it be,just a guess?

Think that’s him alrite ye

Yeah Paul is running the show

Is it same as football that lads on Senior Panel cant be involved?

Dublin north beat Dublin under 20s tonight in a challenge game in DCU by five points , fair to say a few marquee players didn’t line out for 20s but fair play to the college lads better team in the night and you can only beat what’s in front of you

Couldn’t get down in the end,heard it was a good game.

I’d say Dublin Minors are heading into hiding ahead of their match v North Colleges on Sat.!

Regards Saturdays game I wouldn’t be so sure , north Colleges squad is about 33 players, they deliberately picked first team for last nights game , at least 12 players who played last night won’t tog out on Saturday, the lads for Saturday a lot will be eligible for Colleges next year hence involvement this year , experience transition etc , I can think of at least 7-8 key players that didn’t tog for 20s last night that will play in the summer, north players would be aware of that also , but could confidence builder after loss to CA, Cronin who was suspended for that game was immense as was Dubphy from Bridget’s, game had a lot of quality, decent amount of intensity, north came out with bragging rights

Sounds like a good run out. Would be a bit of crossover with minors?

Yeah there’s a few lads on north that will play minor this year , priority at this time of year is Colleges which will be finished by mid end Feb
Equally I’d be surprised if there’s not one or two colleges lads that force there way into under 20 panel

Makes sense, it all kinda feeds into each other in this system, which is good.

The problem with that I guess is you have guys doing their leaving cert trying to play U20 county. So it brings back the problem that moving the minor age was trying to solve.

Dublin coaches have to be commended for how they handle LC etc not surprising as the amount of them involved are teachers , no lad that I know of has been put under undue pressure, around exam time lads sitting would work on stick work and ease off on contact

Minor hurlers 2-4 Dublin north Colleges 0–6 half time great last ten minutes from minors who were behind by 4 pts at one stage ,

Would love to know the team sheets

Minors won by a point 2-9 to 1-11 , lot of physicality no quarter given very little between the sides , good run out for both sides

Dublin north travel next Wednesday to Ferns Wexford Leinster Quater Final v Good Counsel