Euro 2016

Will there be any surprises in the Irish squad? I genuinely fear for them and can see them getting the dreaded Nil points.

Listed below are the probable players that the Irish will face in June.

Sweden

Goalkeepers: Andreas Isaksson (Kasimpasa/TUR), Robin Olsen (Copenhagen/DEN), Patrik Carlgren (AIK).

Defenders: Ludwig Augustinsson (Copenhagen/DEN), Mikael Lustig (Celtic/SCO), Andreas Granqvist (Krasnodar/RUS), Erik Johansson (Copenhagen/DEN), Victor Nilsson Lindelöf (Benfica/POR), Martin Olsson (Norwich/ENG), Pontus Jansson (Torino/ITA)

Midfielders: Jimmy Durmaz (Olympiakos/GRE), Albin Ekdal (Hamburg/GER), Emil Forsberg (RB Leipzig/GER), Oscar Hiljemark (Palermo/ITA), Kim Källström (Grasshoppers/SUI), Sebastian Larsson (Sunderland/ENG), Oscar Lewicki (Malmo/SWE), Pontus Wernbloom (CSKA Moscow/RUS), Erkan Zengin (Trabzonspor/TUR)

Forwards: Marcus Berg (Panathinaïkos/GRE), John Guidetti (Celta Vigo/ESP), Emir Kujovic (Norrköping), Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Paris SG/FRA)

Belgium

Goalkeepers: Thibaut Courtois (Chelsea), Simon Mignolet (Liverpool), Jean-Francois Gillet (Mechelen)

Defenders: Toby Alderweireld, Jan Vertonghen (Tottenham), Nicolas Lombaerts (Zenit st Petersburg), Jason Denayer (Manchester City, on loan at Galatasaray), Dedryck Boyata (Celtic), Bjorn Engels (Club Brugge), Jordan Lukaku (Oostende), Thomas Meunier (Club Brugge), Thomas Vermaelen (Barcelona)

Midfielders: Axel Witsel (Zenit St Petersburg), Marouane Fellaini (Manchester United), Mousa Dembele (Tottenham), Radja Nainggolan (Roma)

Attackers: Eden Hazard (Chelsea), Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City), Romelu Lukaku (Everton), Dries Mertens (Napoli), Michy Batshuayi (Marseille), Christian Benteke, Divock Origi (Liverpool), Yannick Ferreira-Carrasco (Atletico Madrid)

Standby: Nacer Chadli (Tottenham), Laurent Ciman (Montreal Impact), Laurens De Bock (Club Brugge), Guillaume Gillet (Nantes), Thorgan Hazard (Borussia Monchengladbach), Kevin Mirallas (Everton), Matz Sels (Gent)

Potential Italy training squad:

Goalkeepers: Padelli, Sportiello, Mirante

Defenders: Acerbi, Astori, Bonucci, Ranocchia, Ogbonna

Midfielders: De Silvestri, Zappacosta, Candreva, Giaccherini, Bernardeschi, Florenzi, Parolo, Cataldi, Benassi, Jorginho, Soriano, De Rossi

Forwards: El Shaarawy, Pellè, Insigne, Eder, Immobile, Belotti, Pavoletti, Gabbiadini, Berardi

Anyone interested in swapping tickets? Me and two mates have 3 Category 1 (or A??) for the Italy game, and we want to get lower category ones

Pity they expanded the eruos - always used to be very high quality competition, now you’ve the likes of us stinking out the place. Having said that, Sweden aren’t up to much, was talking to an itallian soccer fan the other night and they’re not confident, says it’s a pretty poor Italian team.

Yeha totally agree. The 16 team competition was probably a better standard then the World Cup and pretty much every game counted as you couldn’t really afford to lose a game.
Was looking at the schedule the other day and apart from our games I can probably count on one hand the amount of group games I will watch.

Enjoy it for what it is. We’re never going to win it but at least by getting a chance to compete at the top table with more regularity we might improve. I think we might get something from both Sweden & Italy & we’re that frustrating to break down we might even get at Belgium too. Anyway stay safe for those of you who are travelling, might see you there

It’s win or bust vs Sweden in my book. If we lose I can’t see us going on to beat one of the better sides in the group. Win and we may have a chance of getting a draw.

Heading over to Paris for the Sweden game. Looking forward to it.

Swapping tickets? Are you sure now that we can trust ye Al?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2c/USGS_Prairie_Falcon.jpg

Prey tell, why would that be so? I’m a swapper not a fighter.

PS. Like your bird, bit of a handful I’d say?

You leave Mrs DCR out of this or there will be trouble :smile:

Yis are like a pair of owl wans.

When I saw that I was accused of being Falcon, I was so stunned you could have knocked me over with a feather

You didn’y cry fowl, though.

Ah fly me a river Al :wink:

I was on a building site the other day, seems to be alot of building going on these days. There was a very tall crane there

Was that Nesty Smith in the photo?

Mates of mine are driving over - will cost a lot in petrel

The cost of going by land is prohibitive. Especially through Britain, what with the strength of starling

You would also have to take terns at driving.

And going into the shop for d’aul chicken rolls…

You’d get a fortnight in the Canaries cheaper …