Experiences as a GAA blow in

There has been a bit of conversation around this in recent times. I know there are a good few migrants here who no longer live in Dublin and have relocated to other counties for economic, work, love and other reasons.

I would be very interested to hear how people are getting on in their new GAA surrounds especially. Have you rolled up your sleeves and got involved in the club? Do your kids play? Have you been made feel welcome? Have you had any adverse comments? Do you wear your Dublin colours and if so, has anyone passed remarks on same? Are there people from other counties in the club? Are they treated the same as you?

Dublin club members please feel free also to comment on how non-Dubs are treated in your own club. Are they welcomed with open arms? Are they involved in the Committee etc etc??

Played up in Galway for a while - no real comments as there were a few non galway heads on the team.

Now that i’m home , my young lad has started GAA nursery , i’m 10 minutes away from my home club of st marks, but remembered one of the lads our age playing for his dads club and only played minor or under 21 football for Marks as the other club hadn’t a football team - kind felt sorry for him not playing with his mates that he went to school with - so my young lad is not going to grace the colours of St marks.

As for country lads in our club growing up - built by some great country men.

Cheers @Bosco. Just to say I don’t want the thread to be about lads bringing their kids to their club though not living in the area - that’s another discussion altogether!