Good Music / Guilty Pleasure Thread

1 Like

New Tame Impala album out today

Only got to listen to about 20 mins on the way in this morning but sounds brilliant and looking forward to hearing it properly

1 Like

Simple things done well . easier said than done … unique sound and very good.

1 Like

It’s never too late, but I get the sentiment.

Playing with Supergrass & Fun Loving Criminals in Dun Laoghaire on the June Bank Holiday

5 Likes

Cork, Savoy on Patrick St IMSMR in1983 … one of three brilliant concerts that year in Cork … (also U2 and Simple Minds).
Not sure Killing Moon was out at that stage.

I need to remind myself sometimes that this thread includes guilty pleasures, and for me, Roger Hodgson / Supertramp fall into that category.

1 Like

Great tune, great line up

Love the Tramps Rufus

2 Likes

Good man Al - I knew I wasn’t too far wrong with my taste in music! :wink:

Still have their live album, Paris, on my list of CDs to acquire!

1 Like

Growing up as a Rory and Bowie fan it was not within my then moral fibre to admit openly in the public square that I liked some Abba (The day before you came) and The Carpenters (Every shal lal la) and The Stylistics etc etc

2 Likes

Another Liverpudlian gem.

“Me sister is big int’a dem”.

1 Like

Ha !!

Mate of mine heading over to London to see Clapton tomorrow night…Next Monday back again for Mick Fleetwood playing all the Peter Greene material with I believe Dave Gilmour.

1 Like

ABBA. My 6th class in '82 in Finglas did the best three part harmony of ‘Take a chance on me’ I ever heard. It took us a long time to nail it but the nippers kicked ass and took names.
A harmonic explosion of wonderosity way before the talentless Oasis.

2 Likes

I wasn’t alone then !
Great story.
When you say your 6th class I’m guessing you were an mháistir ?

Sea. Gan amhras.
Bhi siad amhranaithe ar fheabhas ar fad.
Is minic an sonas a bhainim as doibh.

1 Like

Go breá agus maih thú … I am sure they enjoyed it every bit as much as you did … and probably still remember it now !