Good Music / Guilty Pleasure Thread

You live amd learn as they say … this Res Dubberliner’s thread is not just a hotbed of (mostly excellent) music afficiandos … but also the home of many of the movers and shakers behind the stars of the 70s and 80s music scene …e.g. rubbing shoulders on the Hill with Philo … watching the car crash that is Bono … playing the odd game of rounders with Fran Rossi … in Ballymun …

Keep on rockin’ Resser guys :musical_note:

Ps Still to come I’d venture … after hours with Def Leppard in The Pink … sharing a Carolls No 1 with Bono in the old Horsehoe Bar … and any more.
CRISIS … WHAT CRISIS ?!?

No words …

He had a good heart.

2 Likes

For the times we’re living through:

I was just about to say that, you little thief!

1 Like

Jeeze I can’t get over you

1 Like

I worked in Horseshoe Bar when I was younger. Rick Allen had his wedding in the Shelbourne, and they all came into the Horseshoe after, hadn’t a clue who he was when serving him until about an hour later he took off his jacket and prosthetic arm :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Best story fós a mhac !

1 Like

Sorry @daddyo. bit late to this. Breadfan is a tuuuunnnnneee

1 Like
2 Likes

“Take a load of fanny”…
Misheard lyrics.

Love the “Crazy Chester followed me…” verse.

1 Like

A great song . Fuckwits like Travis covering it should be outlawed. The last waltz should be compulsory watching for all bands/ artists. A truly talented band , great musicians each one of them.

I also thought initially he said “ take a load of fanny” :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Possibly the best performance on Last Waltz, amazing

1 Like

I can see how much a student of what came before him in music Bono was …he has borrowed from the master and this performance in particular I think.

The Man.

1 Like

Murder Most foul

1 Like

Intro is beyond corny … but a cracking tune with that snake in the grass lyric … yes, I started watching Ozark S3 today …

1 Like

Superb docu on the hollies starting at 7.30 tonight on sky arts.

A fantastic watch.

No Sky :slightly_frowning_face: