Hurling Championship 2018

That’s modern journalism it seems.

• Clare v Wexford
  • Kilkenny v Limerick

Should be two good games there, losing provincial finalists generally struggle if out the following week and up till the last game limerick had been motoring well, so it’ll be interesting to see how they go. Walter Walsh is an injury concern for the Cats.

I reckon Clare will be comfortable enough winners against Wexford.
When are these being played?
I know we slag off the Cork Co Board and a lot of the criticism is merited but from looking on the TV, Pairc Ui Chaoimh looks great, in my opinion. Any Ressers been there yet for games?

It is class to be fair. Rumours that one of the hurling matches this weekend will be down there.

Cody will be tempted to start hogan and Fennelly this weekend?

Don’t think he will, though as they probably don’t have 70 minutes in them.
Both made a huge difference yesterday so will be interesting to see what he does.
I also think Clare will beat Wexford.

A double-header would make most sense - Thurles is geographically the most logical choice. If the counties involved, however, have no objections to PUC, then maybe play them there. Cork would be more attractive to anyone wanting to stayover the night before/after.

Clare and Limerick to win.

Clare and Kilkenny for me.

The winners of Limerick/Kilkenny to play Galway in the AIF. I think Kilkenny will in on Sunday if Walter starts.

Provincial winners have a terrible record when playing the following weekend, mind you limerick were so poor in their last game, it’s a hard one to call. You think Walter has that much effect on proceedings? Mind you blanchfield can disappear for long spells, whereas Walter tend to be more involved, but i wouldn’t consider him a match winner.

Pitch in Pairc de Frank looking a lot better now these days…No hosepipe ban in Cawrk or maybe Frank has them filling watering cans from the Lee.

That Wexford team are not good. It’s typical year 2 of Davy and over training looking at them. If we can get our house right we are a lot better.

Poor crowd of only 10k or so

Clare 0-27 Wexford 1-17

Lads were slipping all day! Did you not watch the match?

Should have been a double header in Thurles tomorrow!

Yes, I did think there was a lot of slipping from players, I was more referring to the recent improvements, they were practically building sandcastles a few weeks ago

Of course it should but as we all know Frank’s pet project isn’t going to pay for itself

@alanoc says the cult of Davy only lasts two years. On today’s evidence he’s dead right, Wexford are bck where they started