League table tiebreakers

Mods feel free to edit / someone on the know please reply. Will save a lot of unnecessary posts in the club section. (thanks)

Teams that finish level on points:
The tiebreaker is :

More than one team finish on same number of points
The tiebreaker is :

Open to correction;

Teams that finish level on points:
The tiebreaker is : 2 teams = Head to Head

More than one team finish on same number of points
The tiebreaker is : 3 team or more = Mini league amongst teams that are level on points

I’m never sure what the criteria is if its two teams equal on points who have drawn

Not exactly a mini-league between 3 teams (or more), but points diff in those games between the three…it’s stupid…a team could beat both other teams and lose out because team two hammered team three

Open to contradiction but I think it’s goals scored if they’re level on points and score difference

1 Like

If one of the three teams have given a walkover, they automatically finish bottom of said mini league?

I think so, but there are those better informed than me on here…

1 Like
  1. For the purposes of Rules 6.21(4)© / 6.38 T.O. 2018 the following shall apply to all League/
    Championships, Leagues and Cups run on a league basis;
    When teams finish on equal league points for Qualification for the concluding stages, or for promotion or Relegation, the tie shall be decided by the following means and in the order specified;
    (i) Where two teams only are involved – the procedures as outlined in Rule 6.21 (4) © T.O. 2018 shall apply.
    (ii) Where more than two teams are involved – Scoring difference (subtracting the total scores against from the total scores for) of the games where the teams tied on points played each other only. In the event that a team involved in a tie consisting of more than two teams had their finishing points total affected by a loss of points against that team on a proven objection, forfeiture of points for breach of rule / regulation, or by loss of points for failing to fulfil a fixture, that team shall not be included in any play-off and shall deemed to have finished in last place in whatever means is used to decide the tie. The procedures outlined in Rule 6.21 (4) © T.O. 2018 shall then be used to separate the remaining teams in the tie.
1 Like