Marching On Together - The Leeds Thread

Agree fully and Monk had made 10 changes from the team that won mid-week.

Still didn’t seem to matter to my so-called mate who went into text overdrive yesterday afternoon… not that I can really complain to much, it was only pay back from the previous day when I’d slagged him off over Liverpool
:smirk:

Karma I guess!!

It matters to clubs who don’t have realistic chance of promotion to the Prem Lg+survival/progress there. And of course to clubs who can survive/progress there. But for clubs who have a realistic chance of promo,but not necessarily survival, then it doesn’t matter.

Still, nobody wants to lose to much, much weaker team/smaller club. It happens once in generations to nearly every club.

Two additional players signed on Transfer deadline day:

Spanish U-21 winger Alfonso Pedraza.joins from Villarreal on loan until the end of the season, with an option in place to sign permanently in the summer.

Gambia international 24-year-old Modou Barrow joins on loan until the end of the season from Premier League side Swansea City.

They won’t will be unavailable for tonight’s trip to Blackburn Rovers, but could make their debuts in Sunday’s Yorkshire derby with Huddersfield Town - Live on Sky with a noon kickoff

A late goal gave Leeds a 2-1 win last night against Blackburn … on-wards and upwards … (I hope)

Pontus signing permanently :sunglasses:

Obnoxious Executive Orders?

Them b#$tards looked good last night. Tough one on Sunday

I could see after five minutes that we were going to lose at Sutton. We had an inexperienced team, largely unfamiliar with each other, and they (Sutton) were up for it big time, on their own surface and in crappy weather conditions. I honestly believe we’re safer off out of it, and the Blackburn result would tend to support that.

Don’t know too much about the two signings we’ve brought in, although I did hear Barrow (a forward) has scored one goal in fifty Premier League appearances for Swansea :confused: Still looking forward to seeing what they have to offer.

Was very sorry to see Mowatt go to Barnsley - still think he had a lot to offer and that is the sort of transfer that comes back to bite us in the arse somewhere down the line.

Only saw the goals at Blackburn - by all accounts an average enough performance but a win nevertheless - soccer sages have it that winning whilst not playing well is a good sign. The Huddersfield match is now huge, and with Brighton and Newcastle dropping points midweek, it’s still possible to see their rear lights in the distance. A dip in form for them and they can be reeled in.

Pontus agreeing a permanent move is great - and in interviews he really seems to like the Club. It’s all looking optimistic…which is always a worry for Leeds’ fans!!! :grimacing:

Anywhere decent in Cavan town that might be showing the match?

Jeeze if you go all the way up there you might as well go to Breffni to watch it.

:laughing:

Painful defeat yesterday, shipping an 89th minute goal after it looked like we might hold out for a draw. Huddersfield to be fair were dominating, but I thought they did not look like scoring until a shot going wide was deflected into the path of a man free in front of the nets - game over. Nicking a draw would have been great. Thought Rob Green had an excellent game in nets but thereafter there was no-one who really stood out for me - a mention for Wood maybe who scored again. Can’t take anything for granted in this league, but the next few matches - home to Cardiff, home to Bristol City, away to Ipswich - offer opportunities to get the show back on the road.

Agreed Rufus, very disappointing but thought the tactics were strange by us from the start.

Makes the next two games (at home against Cardiff & Bristol City respectively), important to get good results in both games to keep up the momentum

Good win last night, takes Leeds up to 5th and 6 points clear of Norwich who are in 7th. Still a lot of work to do if Leeds are to catch Brighton in 2nd who are 8 points ahead of them,

Brighton have a game in hand, also.

No chance are Leeds catching Brighton. Huddersfield might though

Yeah would agree on both fronts, but important to keep trying so as to ensure at least getting a seeding in play-offs where the teams finishing 3rd & 4th in the League, get the 2nd leg of the play-offs at home.

And 3rd also plays 6th first so the incentive is there.

Wonder what the stats are for play-offs over the years? I have an idea that teams finishing 5th, and 6th in the leagues have quite often won