Marching On Together - The Leeds Thread

Leeds game at the Madejski Stadium against Reading is being shown live on SKY tomorrow, with a 5.30 kickoff.

Play off place it is … hopefully …

Going through the tables there looks like Coventry are heading to the old 4th Division! They were 34 years in the top flight (think maybe only Arsenal were longer there uninterrupted?!) until they were relegated in 2001 … and they never got back! Sad.

Also appears that Leyton Orient are heading to non League football … also sad …

I thought Everton had the longest running current presence in top-flight football?

Imagine Barry Hearn had his way and Leyton Orient were given anchor tenancy in the Olympic Stadium?

I think Arsenal longer!? But Everton there a long time too - and longer than Coventry!

I just googled… We’re both wrong. It’s Kerry.

It’s always Kerry …,

Hopefully get back on track away to Brentford tomorrow night

2-0 down at half time … only redeeming note is Everton beating Utd …

Thank God Fulham lost too

Really need a decent result on Saturday against Preston NE, who will be full of confidence after their 5-0 win last night. They are also only 5 points off the play-off places so they’ve still all to play for.

Sheffield are at home to Newcastle so hope for a Toon win there
Fulham are at home to Ipswich… Always liked Mick McCarthy, here’s hoping he can do us a favor :wink:

Aidan McGeady playing very well for Preston. Is Horgan getting many games with them, I wonder?

Came on last night after 71 mins for McGeady.

At least Leeds are mathematically safe from relegation …

McGeady scored a pen for Preston last night.

Don’t even joke about it … Never doubt Cellino’s ability to pi$$ off the FA and get docked points :worried:

Cooper also handed 6 game ban for the stamp against Reading on Saturday. Will miss remaining league games.

Can’t say I’m surprised he collected a ban, should’ve been a red card on the day though 6 games seems a bit much however

That will hurt Leeds as he’s been playing well.

Shaping up to be a good afternoon for Leeds! Reading could take a while to recover from that hiding too.

What a hammering dished out by Norwich , how do folk reckon Leeds would get on in the playoffs ? @Dub09, I presume your one of those stalwarts from the '70s , you have much hope ?

Play-offs always difficult to predict. Important thing is to have momentum coming in to them. I remember the 70s alright …: when Kerry played football and were men …

That win today was huge. With Fulham and Wednesday both winning and Reading and Huddersfield taking spills, things are going to be very tight right down to the wire. Newcastle up next - Good Friday - and on live too!

As @Dub09 mentioned the team coming into the play-offs with momentum are usually the one to beat. Huddersfield are probably playing the best football, although Forest beat them 2-0 at the weekend, so it’s a bit of a lottery.