Minor Club Hurling 2018

yes boys and girls schools that’s what i have referred to for judes

With due respect Cuala have far surpassed what Boden did. It is one of the great mysteries of that Boden team. How did they not win even one Leinster with the talent they had?

Maybe there were just some better club teams out of Kilkenny and Wexford back then?

And maybe while you’re at it, @Bart, you could answer my question here?

Are we still talking about minor hurling?

F[quote=“beeko, post:103, topic:2993, full:true”]

Maybe there were just some better club teams out of Kilkenny and Wexford back then?
[/quote]

Maybe. But it has to rankle that they only got close in their first year. They had buckets of talent but they never really made the most of it outside Dublin imho.

:+1: … and the consequences, thereafter! :wink:

Must set up a catchment area thread

Bigger than who though? If it’s Vincents, obviously not, Crokes and Cuala would have bigger areas IMO.

Alan, you may be right as that was when KK were at their pomp and maybe we just never reached the heights we were capable of or the Dublin hurling was just not at the level of other county championships, it’s all for debate really.

Crokes? Debatable. Cuala? I reckon not. They have Dalkey and maybe some of Dun Laoghaire and Shankill. Compared to Knocklyon, Firhouse, Ballyboden and a lot of Rathfarnham?

As I said, I have a lot of respect for what BBSE have achieved but they are doing so with one of the largest catchment areas in the country, never mind the county.

The great debaters… what has this got to do with Minor Hurling!!
@alanoc this is your fault :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Personally I think there is room for another club in terms of catchment. Especially now that theres a new Gaelscoil in Churchtown on the grounds of the Old Notre Dame school. Unfortunately there’s no capacity for pitches unless they used the Hockey pitch in the Gaelscoil and negotiated with CUS in Leeson St for use of their rugby grounds on Bird Avenue. BTW Dundrum/ Churchtown produced John Treacey father of David Treacey.

Biggest catchment area in Dublin is South Inner City. 50K population. No pitches though.

Swords has over 60k but that’s for another thread

All of this is for another thread.

Which was already set up. It has made its way to the Metrolink thread somehow

A year too early for minor but our U16 team were due to play Ballinteer in the U16 division 2 last night but were given a walkover. Apparently the Ballinteer manager rang to say they have a panel of over 30 at that age but only around 10 want to play hurling. Hopefully this is not an issue that will happen with more clubs. Clontarf have also pulled out of this league but they do have two minor hurling teams so perhaps their 16s are playing 3 years of minor

NaFianna score 5-20 not 10