National Football League Prediction Comp

Watch this space!

I hope to start up some kind of National League prediction competition for the craic.

The idea is for people to predict the result of the 8 games for each round in Div 1 and 2.

I am hoping to use the poll feature so each game would have a W D L option. I’m not sure if a weekly rolling score can be kept or anything and it would be best if it’s an open poll so that people can’t change predictions … not that they would. John Costello has promised me two All Ireland tickets for the winner if we can get it going.

It is just a concept now. Knowing my luck somebody here with IT smarts and know-how will hijack the idea from Luddite me and start their own comp which will be much better than mine …before I even get the chance.

1 Like

Wouldn’t even need a polls, just post up the 8 fixtures during the week, get lads to reply to it with their predictions (Dublin by 5 for eg) and then update a table on this thread after every weekend with scores, might take a bit of effort but I’ll give ya a hand with it if you need.

1 point correct win
2 points correct margin
3 points correct draw

Or something like that.

I’d keep it simpler - just W D L. 8 fixtures - 4 pts for a draw, 3 for away win and 2 for home win. (Dublin games at Croker to count as home games even though they’re not)

• Wittys
  • Dubs

0 voters

Poll on the scoring system, the GAA is a Democratic organisation after all :joy::joy:

Very democratic! I just voted for both options! :grin:

2 Likes

I voted for Wittys

1 Like

My club are running a Last Man Standing competition for the Allianz football league, if anyone is interested. €10 to enter, and winner gets €350. Mods, please delete if not appropriate.
https://www.klubfunder.com/Clubs/Round_Towers_Lusk/Round_Towers_Lusk_Last_Man_Standing

No spoilt vote option?

Had a real go at this earlier but got frustrated and gave up after three minutes.

Throw some money at it…might fix the problem.like your club did in 99.:laughing::laughing:

1 Like

55 was better

Right lads, dubs scoring system it is, this weeks fixtures are:

Saturday:
Div 1:
Dublin v Kerry 19:15
Donegal v Mayo 19:15

Div 2:
Armagh v Cavan 19:00

Sunday:
Div 1:
Tyrone v Meath 14:00
Galway v Monaghan 14:30

Div 2:
Westmeath v Clare 14:00
Roscommon v Laois 14:00
Kildare v Fermanagh 14:30

Predictions in before the first game of the weekend please gents!!

I myself am going to go with:

Kerry (edited after I saw the named kerry team!)
Donegal
Armagh
Draw
Galway
Clare
Roscommon
Kildare

Dublin
Donegal
Armagh
Tyrone
Galway
Westmeath
Laois
Kildare

Kerry
Draw
Armagh
Tyrone
Galway
Westmeath
Roscommon
Kildare

Kerry
Donegal
Armagh
Tyrone
Galway
Westmeath
Roscommon
Kildare

Fair play @something_witty. See how many come in. I can mark half them maybe?

1 Like

I’ve already got the spread sheet started, this is serious business… :joy:

1 Like

Draw
Donegal
Armagh
Meath
Galway
West Meath
Roscommon
Kildare

Dublin