Paul Flynn

A true dubs legend …

12 Likes

One of my first true man crushes!

1 Like

https://www.dublingaa.ie/news/paul-flynn-retires-from-intercounty-football A true legend of the game. Enjoy the retirement and concentrating on club football with Finns.

1 Like

Legend… Enough said

2 Likes

The word “legend” is overused in the modern era, but this man is the epitome of the word. A beast, leader and a fantastic guy. Thank you Paul and enjoy the rest! What a fuc***g footballer!

7 Likes

Ah no.

2 Likes

Superb servant to Dublin and a gentleman - he will be missed

1 Like

Amazing player for us and while I’m sad to see him go, I’m glad he isn’t going to ruin his body & health trying to achieve a physicality that maybe isn’t possible for him any more.

6 All Irelands in 12 years is some return, not to mention 4 All Stars in a row.

2 Likes

Terrible news! He was an awesome player, especially in the 2011 to 2014 period.

3 Likes

Flynner was the one man I was dying to serve a pint to when I was in coppers, but unfortunately he was one of the only guys that never darkened the door, probably says quite a lot about him :joy:

6 Likes

Paul Flynn has retired! Shame to see him go! What a player he was. Mr. Consistent. Best of luck to him!

4 Likes
Dublin Senior Footballers 2019

Flynn was an unbelievable servant, type of player that had a bit of everything. Pleasure to see him play!

1 Like

The quintessential modern half forward, an incredible player. A beast! All the best Flynner. A shame we won’t see you on the big stage again. Thank you for it all!

2 Likes

He will have no issue with the physical side, the guy is a beast of a man!

Such a shame to see Flynner gone, hammered by injuries since 2015. One of the all time greats

1 Like

Ah man , that’s a tough one . All time great for Dublin.

I’ve never met the guy but he seems like a real decent bloke. That counts for more than All-Ireland medals, in my opinion. The fact that he was an all-time great for Dublin is a bonus.
On your way, Flynner, enjoy your retirement.

2 Likes

Fantastic player and man, gave his all every time he played. All star from 2011 to 2014 which tells you everything about his consistency and excellence. Have to say one favourite moments was when he would drop into full back in closing minutes of a game win a high ball and rev up the crowd, did it against mayo in '13 and against Donahey a few times. Well done Flynner.

4 Likes

Nice one Flynner, a Dublin legend.