Player watch

Thought a thread to report on how players are performing and who could potentially improve the county side might be good. Basically anyone at an Ahl or championship game might just throw a few words in here on players going ell. It’s not to be used to name and shame or belittle lads who might not be going well just to keep us updated on players hurling well out there.

Dublin Senior Hurling 2018 - The Pat Gilroy Era

Con O’Callaghan , Schutte

Hard to contribute from a distance but as it’s forwards we’re really looking for, just going on score tallies and the video highlights:

winters scored a hatful last round of games including 7/8 from play.

Alex Quinn scored 6 from play against cuala, he has some turn of pace. Still only 25,

Fergal Whitley scored 8 from play from 11 for crokes v vins, is only 19 also seems to be quick.

Worth looking at Them in the walsh cup if they go well again tomorrow. Pace is something you can’t have too much of.

The few times i watched vincents this year the two wing backs impressed
Tomas Connolly and Sean mc caw
Some paw on mc caw and he’s only around 20 i think
Wing back seems to really suit Connolly very classy hurler

Whitely surprisingly big (well surprising to me anyway), and athletic. He is a real possibility.

Whitely was on the panel last year and got a couple of runs, but seems to be in good form so extended run next year hopefully. As was Quinn until he had logistical issues, hopefully that won’t be an issue next year.

Sean was criminally ignored by the county as a minor. Walked into the Vins senior team his first year out of minor and has held his place since. One of the best that’s passed through Ardscoil. Serious potential. And as you say, he can catch a ball!

We can’t go selecting players who win primary possession lads! :yum:

Seriously though, he ever play HF?

And wasn’t played in the u21 farce this year. Very good young player

Very unlucky with the managements in his underage years unfortunately.

So they were all wrong? I get it if it was one manager but I think he had at least 2 different ones?

I think he’s a good player having watched him 4/5 times but I’m not sure he’s senior inter county. Same with Tom Connolly. Marginally short in my view.

I think it’s the other end where we need options anyway

I[quote=“TheLoneRanger, post:12, topic:2651, full:true”]

So they were all wrong? I get it if it was one manager but I think he had at least 2 different ones?

I think he’s a good player having watched him 4/5 times but I’m not sure he’s senior inter county. Same with Tom Connolly. Marginally short in my view.

I think it’s the other end where we need options anyway
[/quote]

Yes they were wrong. His failure to start for the 21s this year was inexplicable.

Minor manager and u21? Were both the same?

Well i have seen him more than 4/5 times and i think he a smashing player with bags of potential
Very brave as well and a big unit for his age
I can easily see him being on the senior panel
Also while we are on vins players
Mark o Keefe could be looked at as well , as comfortable a corner back on the ball as I’ve seen in a long time
A beautiful natural hurler

You’re obviously from Vincent’s . I would argue they couldn’t all be wrong . I’d draw him a pass on mc guirk this year but he didn’t start last year either or as a minor
O keefe played corner forward for the minors ? He’s too small in my view.

In an otherwise very disappointing year for Judes, Paul and Mark Maguire and Eoin McLoughlin were shining lights.
Of the three I’d love to see Eoin McLoughlin get a run. An exceptional defender.

Mark played his entire career in school and for the club as a back. The county tried to make him a forward. Stupid stuff.

Bearing in mind our failure to convert very good under age teams into trophies over the last few years they absolutely could all be wrong.

Re Eoin Mc Will he not stay with Mayo after being overlooked so often

. A proper back alright.

No I’m not from vincents
Thanks for assuming though :+1:
Just get a lot of games in
I’m sure Sean will delighted to get the pass from you ,
O Keefe is a back all day long
Come down and have a look tomorrow
You might come away with a few positives as you seem a very negative in your posts