Playing Rules

“The GAA’s standing playing rules committee will meet tonight to review the championship season, with the working of the black card high on their list of priorities.”

Of the three possible changes mentioned in the article the only one I can see merit in is having to kick the kick-out past the 20m line and not diagonally as frequently seen nowadays.

I wouldn’t agree about back passing to the keepers I think that shouldn’t be changed.

I think bringing the kick outs back to the small square for all kickouts including scores and making them pass the 13m line would be a better rule than the one they are suggesting.

And now the black card has been tied in until 2020.

Just eondering if anybody can clarify something. We are playing in an adult league game. The opposition showed up with 14 players. The referee is telling us that we have to play with 14. Is that correct?

Only in Division 5 and below

Has to be 15 a side except in AFL 10 or lower

1. All leagues shall be 15 aside. If a team is unable to field 15 players, 13 or 14 a side may be played, with both teams playing the same number of players (13v.13 or 14v.14) in the following leagues: AFL10 or lower, MFL3 or lower, or in any adult football cup competition. Where a game goes ahead with either 13 or 14 a side, up to 21 players may be used by the team with the greater number of players present.

For an adult championship game - How long must the ref wait before he calls the game off, if one team are delayed?

Teams not ready to start a match 30 minutes after the official start time shall be considered to have
failed to fulfil the fixture.

Cheers Parish. Our match last night started at 19.30 (Due to start at 19.00). It took us over 2 hours to get to the match :roll_eyes:

Just a query if a player is standing in front of a free taker waving their arms isn’t that against the rules? Just querying as now you see teams waving their arms when pressing up on opposition kickouts. I remember kerry doing this in AI 2016 semi final.

An opponent can ONLY raise their arms standing at least 13m away from a free taker. Waving arms, jumping up and down etc is not permitted and should actually result in the free being advanced a further 13m

Thanks. Thought that just wasn’t sure. So is it grey area when full forward line does same on goalkeeper kickouts. The roaring “how long ref” is also becoming common now on kickouts . Someone else pointed this a couple weeks ago on here. Anytime camera was on Rochford last Saturday you could see gesturing to referee on kildare restarts.

The rule only actually stipulates a free kick and states that any physical or verbal interference considered by the referee to be aimed at distracting the player taking the kick, shall result in the free being brought forward by 13m. No mention of “kickouts” as far as I am aware.

Not sure if this is the right place to put this and asking for a friend obviously. Can a player receive a suspension for receiving a certain number of yellow cards over a season?

Can get a yellow in every game and not receive a suspension.

Can also get a black in every football club game and not be suspended either (provided you , or your friend did not receive a yellow earlier!!)

Cheers niceday, good to know

Jaysus lads what monster have ye spawned! :flushed:

Ah the yellows are never his fault, the refs are just out to get him

Is there not a suspension if you get 3 black cards in a year?