Rugby 2016/17

Few high tackles too?

Not really. Beale penalised for one ok and we may have had half a shout for another, overall good,hard physical game. We should have won by more.

Eddie Jones under more pressure.

I see there was a (verbal) row after England’s game between Harlequins duo, Mike Brown and Joe Marler and some England fans. Ben Youngs walked away from an interview with Sky Sports after answering one question.
There is something clearly wrong within the England set-up right now. If your captain (a position upon which the rugby fraternity seems to place a huge weight of importance) is Owen Farrell, then you’re losing the plot from the start.

Agreed but if Dylan Hartley is the answer, they are in big trouble!

In fairness, Farrell is probably one notch above Hartley - I’ll grant you that.

After one of their 6 Nations defeats this year (maybe against Ireland?) Jones, more or less, said that a number of players had played their last games for England (and I don’t think he was talking about Bill Beaumont or Will Carling). He then complains about a load of players not being available for this current tour.

Jones is on borrowed time. The only factor in his favour would be the difficulty in finding an acceptable replacement.

When is the world cup? 2019?

Yes

not too late to change then? New man would have the autumn internationals and the six nations to change things around.

I would say all is not well in the England camp but are they going to stick Dean Richards in? What obvious candidates are there?

yerman at exeter, baxter i think his name is.

I’d say Jones will survive til the autumn internationals are done. To some extent he’s a guy who revels in backs to the wall stuff and the players will be stung into a huge effort to restore pride.

Possibly but the wheels appear to have well and truly come off - hard to turn that around.

the fact that rassie seems to have virtually instantly turned SA around is notable.

Yeh he could be gone but I think he’ll try to stay, huge ego and all that. And do they have a suitable replacement? He’s a top coach.

He’s the reason their backs are to the wall.

Will be curious to see whether SA have improved or whether england are in real trouble.

In the world rankings updated today, Wales have overtaken Australia in third place, England have dropped from fourth to sixth and Sth Africa are up to fifth from seventh.

Ireland will remain in 2nd place ahead of Wales and Australia, no matter what results occur this weekend.

Scotland at number 1 yeah?

Word to our U20s who had an unbelievable 39-33 win over Japan to finish in 11th place … out of 12 countries … behind the likes of Georgia and Italy. Meanwhile Daniel Brennan is a World Cup winner with a team we should have beaten in the first match. It’s a funny old game …

Always the coach’s fault? His fault they have a long record, back to Lancaster’s time, of blowing games where they had established big leads? It was Lancaster’s fault back then…