Scientific Breakthroughs and Environmental Matters

Did you get a new book for your birthday :joy::joy:

5 Likes

When matter falls towards it, it heats up (and it spends some time before falling in) and emits lots of radiation including light, this hides the hole so you can’t see it, but you know it’s there by its effects.

If there was one just floating about in space not affecting anything then yep that would need incredible luck to “see” it.

Apparently the bigger the black hole the less the spaghetti effect (you being shredded as you fall into it) and a big enough one will allow you to pass the event horizon but after that nobody knows. These are the ones that may be able to be used as wormholes.

2 Likes

No. It’s probably all over his Twitter timeline, just like everyone elses.

Either that, or he was googling chocolate penis pictures again, and fell down the wrong rabbit wormhole.

Oh no wait, that was me. Never mind…

1 Like

I was on the Porter last night and I’ve seen a black hole this morning :see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Shut up slaggin’ off Edenmore.

A scientific response to your black hole issues would involve putting the baby wipes and Sudocrem in the fridge, before you go for pints!

3 Likes

Was Interstellar on this weekend?

I’d say you’d be a dangerous bloke with a chemistry set @Iomaint

Your honour, the whole thing was an accident…!

All in the name of Science :joy::joy:

1 Like

Oh so that what happens… ■■■■ me,

4 Likes
5 Likes

The numbers and distances involved are difficult to imagine. Incredible work.

The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is comprehensible. Albert Einstein

1 Like

Let’s give it up fer de wimmin gettin’ their hole.

2 Likes

Gerrup!

Once she had black she never went back…

1 Like

Racism​:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::pray: