Sliotars

Well lads its nearly that time of year again and a bit of dusting off the cobwebs and restocking the hurling equipment. Just wondering if anyone has bought or getting new batchs of sliotars in recently. I know everyone has their own preferences and prices can differ? Dont even quote me O’Neills :tired_face:Thanks :+1:

Eoin Kelly like a lot . O meara good also.

1 Like

Cúl Sliotars, run by Neil Fleming, ex Commercials & Dublin.

2 Likes

Yeah neo, like the eoin kelly ones. I heard theres lad up north doing them, decent quality and cheap but cant get the details. Sure their all from pakistan and china now anyway

1 Like

Lar Corbett was selling a dozen for €24 not so long ago. A decent sliothar. Eoin Kelly’s are the best but €60 or €70 per dozen.

Willie Maher (cuala manager) sells them also hes Eoins brother in law I think?

Can I be the first to say - Jaysus lads go easy with the sliotars they dont grow on trees,

when ya hit it go after it.

Next year your all going to have to bring a sliotar each to training !

Ps I find Cul sliotars wear well in the wet O’Coonor sliotars kilkenny greatest waste of money ever.

4 Likes

Yeah liamo ye get sick saying it to players but they never listen “anymore sliotars in the bag”

2 Likes
1 Like

Now nobody from a playing point of view within me club would like me agreeing with you , but Jesus the average player shooting from 25 yards out putting the the ball over bar n safety net No contact, give me a break , get after the friggin thing you wannabe

2 Likes

Yeh this was drilled into us from a young age, sliotars and footballs, if you hit it you better hope you go get it otherwise you’re either doing a heap of laps or you aren’t playing this weekend.

surely the backs and subs should be behind the goal running after the skilled players pratice

1 Like

Eoin larkin selling them at 38 per dozen if your ordering a good amount.decent sliotar

1 Like

What’s the quality like ?

Very good.have used them for my team

1 Like

Would love to be able to get them from an Irish supplier but i think O’Donnells in clare were the last makers of sliotars. Think they’re gone. Got a link to a supplier in pakistan, fairly cheap, gonna order a couple of dozen, see how they go. Sure they’ll be grand for training

Eoin Kelly best on the market , Cul Sliothars fairly decent , O Meara / 65s not bad . Used to get them also from a guy in Naas , Ryan I think his name was , very cheap and a great ball , well for training anyways .