Super 8 Explainer

Just wondering, if Mayo get as far as playing in the S8’s on the weekend of July 14/15 should their game not be moved away from Croker also, as it could be argued that given Mayo played the same number of Championship games there last year as Dublin did, it’s also the defacto home Championship ground of Mayo!!

Great spot in the Summer. If we make the Super 8’s ye might see. MacHale Park was largely developed by Castlebar Mitchels, then taken over by Mayo who replaced the stand with the new one.

We also play at least 4 to 6 Championship or League matches a year in MacHale Park. Very different kettle of fish. When Mayo play in Croke Park it is earned, that is why it is not a defacto home pitch.

Dublin’s championship tenancy in Croke Park is as a result of success and geography. If Meath or Kildare were successful they too would play all or most of their games there. Indeed, the last two times Meath won an All Ireland they played every game in Croker. Earning it is a moot point as Croker is in Leinster and that’s not going to change.

Dublin’s difference is playing home fixtures in Croker such as league and the forthcoming super 8 games. I’d accept there is an imbalance with the Super 8 arrangement. How much is probably overstated.

Jaysus did you have a sense of humor by-pass or what?

I was taking the pi$$… sure part of Mayo must be well over a 3 hour drive from Croker ffs

you really need to relax

Jaysus did you have a sense of humor by-pass or what?

I was taking the pi$$… sure part of Mayo must be well over a 3 hour drive from Croker ffs .you really need to relax

Pre match tension ? (or PMT for short.)

Just looking at Kerry from 78-81, they played only 3 away games in 4 years and 8 games in their defacto home ground (Croker) and not a single fxxk was given. Dublin 15-18 will have played a similar number of away games and people are fuming.

Parts of mainland Mayo are closer to 4hrs 15mins from the Dublin border with no traffic.

Careful now … that’s almost like you are agreeing with me :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

playing in a provincial ground is circumstances of locations. I would consider AI and provincial medels as being far more earned over hapenstance of location or luck of the draw.

Correct and it should also be said with 100% truth that Dublin are the greatest football team the GAA has ever seen.

I had a dream that Dublin beat Kerry by 2-17 to 0-11 earlier this year… Imagine that.

That could never happen, could it?

It could not happen 2 of the dublin forwards wouldn’t get on the kerry bench