Underdogs

Missed the underdogs last night. Anyone see it?

Ciaran Ferguson from Gaeil Oga made to next round. Mark Gibbons Liffey Gaels missed out.

I played with Ferguson many years ago, fair play to him for keep on going.

Me too

Graham Bedford the Erin’s Isle keeper is in goal.

TG4 player has it up

It’s also repeated at 9.30pm this evening

The scene at the end showing the young lad being congratulated by his dad would bring a tear to a glass eye.

Ballsy move by him to challenge in fairness!

did he play for st marks at some stage?

He played with Marks for a few years. He transferred when the St James Gaels/Robert Emmets amalgamation split around 2004.

Sound lad Ciaran. Is he still playing woth NOG?

He still playing with NGO

Young lad from O’Dwyers made the team

Seen Liffey Gaels Keeper there yesterday vs Craobh, playing way below his level, kept them in the game.

His was on Dublin minor panel around 06. Transferred to Lucan for a couple years then went back to Liffey Gaels.

Playing for his club’s first team.

Could play senior I’d say if he wanted to. I wonder why he transferred back?

Maybe he wanted to play with his home club. Maybe he sees a better chance for his club to progress with him playing for them.
Bryan Cullen could probably have played Senior football for any club he wished for in Dublin the year he captained Dublin to win an All-Ireland SFC yet he chose to try to win an IFC with his home club.
It’s not always about the individual the way it might be in professional soccer.

One of the best, a decent sort with a great love of culture and expecially the Irish language.