US Major League Baseball

Anyone here into US baseball? If so this may be of interest to you.

Will be going to that if I can get tickets. Very prestigious match up too. Being on when premier league is over will help keep costs down. Not everyday you get a chance to see Red Sox v Yankees.

Wonder what the tickets will cost, Yankees charge ridiculously high ticket prices for home games normally. Will they take a hit on ticket sales when they would clean up if this game was in NY?

Will it count as one home game each?
It holds about 10,000 more than Yankee Stadium and 20,000 more than Fenway. That SHOULD help keep prices somewhat modest?
Both teams currently going well. At this rate, (albeit that’s it’s only May), one of them could be defending World Series Champions next year.

I’ve been to a few NFL games in London and they usually designate a home team. One that I went to Kansas were the home side, they left Kansas flags on every seat to build the atmosphere and the announcer was OTT enthusiastic calling on Kansas offensive plays and barely muttered out the name of Detroit scorers, just like the setup would be if the game was in kansas.

I’d imagine they’ll do similar with this, each team gets a home game out of it. I think they also need to do it to distribute the gate takings as they would if the match was in the states. They’ll have all the other bells and whistles on it too I’d say. NY celeb or Yankees legend throwing the first pitch when NY are the home team etc…

What will the 7th inning stretch song be?

How about?

If Jacko was still alive he could have sung I’m Forever Blowing Bubbles.

First Irish-born guy to play in MLB in 70 odd years is getting his game with the Mets.

Yea seen that. Interesting story about the parents leaving the north to get away from the violence. ESPN 30 for 30 will be all over this should the lad make it

Red Sox continued their good season with a win over rivals, the Yankees, last night. Yankees not having a bad season themselves, 2nd best record in the league yet second in their division to the Red Sox.
How does home field advantage work in the World Series if it involves a Wild Card team with a better percentage record than their divisional-winning opponents from the opposite League?

Home field advantage goes to whoever has the best best overall winning record. If they are all tied up there, it goes on head to head record against each other. If that doesn’t solve it, it’s whoever has the best record in their own division. After that, buggered if I know.

Winning the All Star game no longer decides who had home field advantage. Been that way since last year. I think.

So, in summary, a Wild Card team can have home field advantage in the World Series? 2016 was the last year of the All-Star game deciding HFA.

Yep. In theory they could. If the 3 divisional teams win 105, 104, and 100 games and the Wild Card team wins 102 games, the wild card team would have HFA over the team that won 100 games, if they were their World Series opponent,

Currently, the Yankees are in a Wild Card birth but have a better percentage than every other team in the entire Major Leagues apart from the Red Sox.

Yeah, but the very first criteria is overall wining record, so if the wild card team has the better overall record, then that clinchs it and criteria 3 never comes into play.

Does the team with the alleged most resources and population get constant abuse and begrudgery in Major League?

No. Everyone hates the Yankees, purely because they are the Yankees. Pricks !

They’d hate the Mets too except they never win

Nah, we just feel sorry for the Mets. They’re the Mayo of baseball. :smile:

I suppose the Red Sox are the Celtic of MLB? Or is that the Cubs?

I have no idea what the Cubbies are now. The lovable losers tag no longer fits since they broke their 100 year old hoodoo. Plus, their curses are bad ass. They make Mayo’s curses look like a childs fairytale. Boston were never cursed. They just made a really, really stupid fcuking decision to trade Babe Ruth and have been trying to pass it off as a curse ever since. Morons !