1985 Dublin junior leinster Team

Would anyone have a list of the panel from the 1985 junior leinster final that Dublin won. Looking to return a medal.

Try emailing pro.leinster@gaa.ie to see if he can help you. He’s a good guy. They should have records there.

1.B Campbell. 2. T Mannion. 3.M Cooke. 4. C Walsh. 5. C Griffin. 6. T O Brien. 7. D. McCarthy. 8. A White. 9. A Costello. 10. D DeLappe. 11. N McHugh. 12. J Sheedy. 13. J Watson. 14. R Crean. 15. C Richardson. Sub used. G O Connor.
Info courtesy of Dubs to the Four (Gerry Callen)

3 Likes

Clubs?
Brian Campbell, Beann Eadair; Martin Cooke, Kilmore; Ciaran Walsh, At Anne’s; T O’Brien, Naomh Olaf???; David DeLappe, At Anne’s; Jack Sheedy, An Garda; Richie Crean (RIP) Lucan.

Top of my head here…Ciarán Griffin Ravens; O Brien Lucan; Donal McCarthy Syls: Anto White Naul: McHugh…Barróg; Watson…Davis or Annes; Richie Crean(RIP) Lucan; Ciarán Richardson Annes (but better known as hurler with Faughs if I’m thinking of right lad); Gary O’Connor Barróg.

E&OE!

1 Like

Gozzie Costello (RIP), midfield - Naomh Fionbarra.
Donal McCarthy (Sylvester’s) was a Dublin minor in 1986, I think - I doubt that’s the same lad.
When did Jack go to An Garda from Lucan? He went back to Lucan then, again, didn’t he?

1 Like

Yeah, didn’t see Cozzie there.

McCarthy was a fine player alright but not that precocious! Must get the old Dublin Year Books out of the Ma’s attic some day.

Was 13 J.Watson Joe Watson from Skerries?

1 Like

Yes - sure you’re right on that. Also, looking again I think Mannion was Ballymun.

Number 4 ciaran walsh didnt play final. ( exams ) was replaced by peter nolan ( robert emmets).

2 Tom Mannion - Ballymun?

11 was Ned McHugh An Caislean.

2 Likes

Nedser ! He did nt strike me as the type to have the discipline for any inter county grade . A gas man altogether. His girlfriend was in college with me, as mad as him😂

1 Like